It has been said that the woods ‘speak with the voice of God.‘ If this is true, then could there be a more fitting place to profess your love and vow to spend the rest of your life together? With their atmosphere of all things beginning anew, tying the knot in a woodland wedding is a trend that is taking off big this year. Here are some practical tips on creating a rustic ceremony that will enchant your guests and inspire unforgettable marriage memories:
1) No mess, no stress: Stressing out seems like the antithesis of having a woodland wedding in the first place, doesn’t it? Getting married before God in the great outdoors means you’ve already chosen to take your vows in a more natural setting that doesn’t require you to worry about finding just the right hall, only to find it’s booked through the next three years. And if woodlands are your first choice, you probably already have a big beautiful area in mind anyway. So why stress about anything else? Simply having a wedding in the woods means you embrace nature’s imperfections. Stressing about wedding imperfections is just going to create the opposite effect.
2) Invitations: In the spirit of imperfections, maybe think about handwriting your wedding invitations yourself. (You can enlist the help of your bridesmaids. After all, that’s what they’re there for!) Handwritten invitations on recycled and parchment papers are a great way to add to the more earthy feel of your natural nuptials.
3) Food: Organic and natural nuts, cheeses, berries, and vegetables are all excellent choices that are perfect additions to a woodland wedding. If you’re thinking something a little more substantial, maybe do a dual medieval theme that fits in quite nicely with the whole woods thing. Try some hearty foods like Cornish hens, vegetable stews, red wines, and breads to go with your natural fare.
4) Attire: Consider choosing a color theme and then allowing your bridesmaids and maid/matron of honor to pick out their own dresses (with a little uniformity in mind). If you chose these ladies to make up your bridal party, then they probably understand you and the theme you’re going for with a woodland wedding. (If need be, you can always do a little guiding.) Again, the point of a ceremony in the woods is to get back to nature, with all its beautiful foibles.
5) Decor: Why, you’ve already got the best decor all around you! Maybe add your own little touch here and there. For lighting, candles and lanterns are perfect for this theme. When adding decorations, think natural, simplistic, and elegant. Establish your own style, but don’t overdo it. If the woods speak with the voice of God, then the visual of the woodlands couldn’t be a more splendid and divine surroundings to say ‘I do’ to the one you love.