If you’re planning to go into the jewelry business and are seeking reputable wholesalers from which to purchase your inventory of sterling silver, there are a few things you should keep in mind.
#1 – The stamp “925” is an important factor
The numbers “925” or “.925” stamped onto the silver jewelry you purchase is a crucial reference, because that means the person selling it is stating their jewelry contains 92.5% pure silver, with the remaining 7.5% representing some mixture of other metals, like copper. Wholesale sources of sterling silver like ELF925 understand that fact so much so that they’ve made the “925” an essential part of their name.
#2 – Make sure you’re buying silver, not chrome
If you choose to buy your silver from a source you’re unsure about, it helps to give this article on eBay titled “How to Tell Real 925 Sterling Silver Jewelry from Fake Silver” a read. It contains tips about using magnets and soft white cloths to ascertain the validity of the object.
#3 – Location matters, and can help determine the original wholesale price of the product
Pundits claim that if the price of the silver is too good to be true, it probably is a fake. This might be an actual fact, but it helps to note that lots of people – both business-minded folks and vacationers – travel to Bangkok, Thailand, every year in order to get a bargain on less expensive silver jewelry, simply because it is not as costly in that region.
#4 – Once you’ve determined the silver you’re buying is in fact real – buy large amounts of the product
Finding a reputable wholesale silver jewelry supplier is probably your biggest concern, because once you’ve ascertained through online research and word-of-mouth that the business you trust will become your main go-to firm, your next step is to buy the jewelry in bulk.
It makes sense that you would end up saving money by purchasing in large quantities, because plenty of wholesalers offer bulk discounts – some ranging up to 20% off your order – based on the amount you’re willing to spend during each order.
#5 – Get original designs made
To stand out from the crowd of other jewelry businesses, ask your wholesaler if they have the capabilities to create original designs for you based on what you’ve dreamed up.
Let’s say you have a dream about a cross that’s molded inside an open heart. Sketch out that design and provide it to your wholesaler, keeping in mind that they might impose a minimum bulk order for the creation of that customized design for your business.
It could be well worth the effort, because if that cross within a heart becomes a hit, and you sell out of all the earrings, pendants and rings made from that personalized design, your business could flourish from being the only one who offers such an item.
Therefore, use all of the above tips to help your jewelry business take off.