Insulation is an essential part of the construction of any house. Your house, new or old, must always be fully and properly insulated for the comfort of the people living inside. If a house is not properly insulated it will get too cold in the winter days and too hot in summers. When you need proper insulation of the house in a quick and modern way, the spray foam insulation comes into play. Spray foam insulation has many benefits that are not only in terms of its insulation but their low costs as well. In short, you can save money by using this type of insulation in the house.
What Exactly Is Spray Foam Insulation?
In technical terms it is called the spray polyurethane foam. From this you know that this is a type of plastic which is applied by spraying. The spray can have varying densities depending on the application and type of surface it is being used on. Most commonly it is used in sealing the roofs, walls, corners and surfaces in homes where there are leaks and cracks. The sprayed plastic fills the gaps and crevices so the insulation is continuous and more effective than fiberglass and other forms of insulations. It is known for its resistance against heat transfer and plays an important role in sealing even the smallest holes, crevices and cracks to keep the air in the house.
There are different types of spray foams used by companies depending on where they are being used and the type of application. The main types are high, medium and low density spray foams. If you want to have your roof sealed and insulated, the best type is the high density spray foam type. Medium and low density spray foam is perfect for interior cavities and walls. People working on DIY basis should be extremely careful in insulating their roofs, attics and homes with spray foams since the process can be harmful if proper care is not taken.
Benefits Of Spray Foam Insulation
- The first benefit of spray foam insulation is that it is better than the other forms of insulations. There are varying densities available for homeowners so they can always decide the level of insulation they want from their spray foam.
- They provide flawless insulation in winters and summers both. Spray foam doesn’t let the hot air in the house escape through holes, cracks and crannies. In summers it works as a shield against the heat trying to enter the house from the roof and the attic.
- Proper insulation has always been reported as the major cause of reducing the energy bills. When your house is extremely hot in winters your air conditioner works with more power and your bills go high. In winters, the hot air in the house will escape quickly through cracks and crevices. This results in low temperature in the house and thus the house becomes extremely cold and uncomfortable.
- Spray foam goes directly into the cavities in the walls, roofs and attics. It is so perfectly designed that it takes very small space when applied. This saves a lot of space in your small attics so you can use it as a storage place as well.
- The installation of spray foam insulation is much faster than other types of insulations. This means you can be done with the entire process in less time and start living in your new house as soon as possible. You can save your family from extreme weathers on short notice too.
The only drawback of spray foam insulation is that it is currently one of the most expensive forms of insulating the house. However, as it becomes more common, you can compare the quotes from many companies and negotiate to get the job done at economical rates.