Wow your wedding invitees by following this simple guide to the top invitation trends of Spring 2014. There are styles, colors, and materials fit for every bride-to-be.
Styles: Rustic, Floral, and Chevron
- If you’re a country girl at heart and prefer a down-home, do-it-yourself look, go the rustic route this Spring. To have your invitations reflect this theme, you’ll want to look for designs that include neutral colors, wood grain, mason jars, and other nods to rural living. You can also add some burlap or lace to give your invitations a little flair.
- Floral designs have always been a Spring wedding staple. To incorporate floral elements into your invitations, try picking designs that include seasonal flowers such as tulips, orchids, peonies, and lilacs. Keep the theme consistent throughout your wedding by matching the flowers in your invitation design with those in your bouquet, centerpieces, and other flower arrangements.
- The chevron design has really been gaining popularity, and you’re sure to see a lot of it this Spring. The style best fits the personality of an artsy, modern bride-to-be looking to make a statement with her invitations. The chevron is especially chic when you sprinkle on some glitter.
Colors: Trendy Spring Colors, Watercolor, and Ombré
- When you want your invitations to mirror the colors of Spring, try going with The Perfect Palette’s top ten picks: mint green, blush pink, rose gold, glittery gold, coral, orchid, dusty blue, grayed jade, pale yellow, and cerulean.
- Watercolor has stood the test of time in terms of its use in wedding invitations, especially in springtime. And in 2014, it continues to be a popular way of presenting color.
- The ombré look is huge this year, and for good reason. This beautiful fading of color goes with virtually any theme. There are also a number of different ways you can use the ombré look, including using different shades of the same color, mixing Spring colors, incorporating watercolors, and more.
Materials: Burlap and Lace
- If you’re planning on sprucing up your Spring wedding invitations with material, you’ll want to go with burlap or lace, or even a creative combination of the two. Both materials pair up perfectly with the rustic look and lace ties in flawlessly with a floral theme. You can wrap a portion of the invitation in burlap or lace to give it a little flair or you can tie a delicate burlap bow around the card.