My family and friends and their family and friends have been going to Warehouse Pizza for as many years as we have lived in the city of La Verne in California. This was one of our first pizza discoveries and to this day remains at the top of our list. Kenny the owner can always be found behind the register taking orders with a smile and if he is not there he is close by checking on his customers and making sure everyone feels welcome and are being taken care of.
Some of the menu items that we really enjoy on a regular basis are:
- Pizza – The crust is such an important part of the pizza and when I was growing up, our local pizza place had this amazing crust, the outside crust was puffed up, golden brown but when you dug into it you pulled out the soft inner crust. This is the type of crust you will find when you are enjoy one of the pizzas at Warehouse.
- Sauce – Sometimes a pizza looks so delicious but when you bit into it the flour is not what you expected, the sauce has a funny flavor or no flavor at all. The sauce at Warehouse taste like traditional Italian pizza sauce and there is just enough to keep it saucy but not too much so it is messy.
- Cheese – I am not sure what the cheese is or if it is a blend, but it is perfect. I don’t think that I have ever had to ask for extra cheese on my pizza here because there is plenty. When you bit into a slice and pull the slice away, there will be some stringy goodness stretching between your bite and the slice, ummmm!
- Toppings – We all have our favorite combinations and the toppings you have to choose from are: Anchovies, Bacon, Green peppers, Ham, Jalapeno Peppers, Meatballs, Mushrooms, Olives, Onions, Pepperoni, Pineapple, Salami, Sausage & Tomatoes
- Alcohol – You have you choice of a variety of beers with a few on tap and wine. Kenny gets his wine from a local winery and it is a great choice, nothing fancy or over priced but delicious. He offers you a Chablis, Blush & Burgundy, Whit Zinfandel/Chardonnay or a Wine Cooler. The beers are to many to name but they are displayed for you to pick from.
- Sandwiches – My family has always enjoy their submarine sandwich but they are all great. You will get a nicely toasted bun so that the cheese melts with Ham, Turkey & Salami, prepared with a mayonnaise/mustard spread, tomato, lettuce and a sprinkle of their house dressing served with a pickle, pepperoncinis and chips. There are several choices of meats and cheese but the rest of the ingredients are standard.
- Salads – I love ordering the large Antipasto salad and my husband and I share it for dinner as our meal, it has that much meat in it. It comes with Ham, Salami, Onions, Mushrooms, Olives & Green Peppers and you pick the dressing you want. They have their house dressing that is really good, much like an Italian dressing or you can get blue cheese or ranch. We love their ranch and we use it on everything, including the pizza, we love to dip our pizza crust in the ranch after we devour the pizza.
If you live in or are visiting the La Verne area and have not tried Warehouse Pizza, stop by and give them a try, you won’t be sorry and will most likely become a regular. I can’t think of anyone who we have shared this place with that has not like it. If you have kids, don’t forget to bring some quarters for the kids to enjoy the games, you get to enjoy some adult time while they are off playing them.