If you’re looking for a great, family-friendly vacation destination, or a romantic couples’ getaway, Virginia Beach has a lot to offer. What are some of the reasons you may want to take a second look at visiting Virginia Beach? Here are a few things you’ll like about the city. Don’t forget the state slogan: “Virginia is for Lovers.”
- The boardwalk! Virginia Beach has a legendary boardwalk that offers tons of fun attractions for kids and adults alike, including amusement rides, games, fishing, and rollerblading. Many hotels are located along the boardwalk, as well as museums, historic exhibits and sites, live entertainment, and places to play arcade video games. Don’t forget the food! The boardwalk has many options for eating great food that you’ll love.
- Fun things to do. There are many activities in Virginia Beach, from museums to parasailing and the Virginia Aquarium.
- Busch Gardens! Visit the world famous amusement park, packed with rides and other thrilling adventures your family will love. Busch Gardens offers many fun shows, rides just for little ones, and animal attractions and exhibits.
- Gorgeous hotels. Virginia Beach hotels offer beachside accommodations where you can fall asleep every night listening to the soothing sound of the waves crashing.
- Beautiful beaches. Virginia Beach is known for its gorgeous, sandy beaches. In fact, the city has set a world record for having the longest beach in the entire world! There is water and sand as far as the eye can see. If you were curious, Virginia Beach offers approximately 35 miles of beaches. Choose busy beaches near the boardwalk, or settle for quiet spots in Sandbridge. You can’t put a price on a day spent at the beach.
- Delicious food. Have you ever had dinner on the beach? Enjoy the fun of dining seaside and enjoying some of the freshest seafood you’ve ever had.
- Weather! If you’re stuck in a spot where it’s cold and chilly, head to Virginia Beach for warmer climes. Virginia Beach is perfect all year-round, so why waste your winter shivering when you can hang out on the beach instead?
- The nightlife! Virginia Beach has tons of hotspots to hit after hours. Check out some of the amazing gastropubs, comedy clubs, bars, and dance clubs, including AJ Gators Sports Bar, Peabody’s, Harpoon Larry’s, and Funny Bone Comedy Club.
Virginia Beach isn’t just a summer destination for families. There are plenty of intimate spots for couples, secluded beaches and areas, and romantic dinner destinations if you’re vacationing as a twosome. However, if your kids are along for the ride, they will love the numerous kid-friendly places to go, such as Pirate’s Paradise Miniature Golf, Flipper McCoys, Nightmare Mansion, and Captain Jack’s Pirate Ship Adventures. Virginia Beach is fun, affordable, beautiful, and an amazing vacation spot all year round.