Father’s Day is a quickly approaching and you may be struggling with ideas for what to buy Dad for his special day. If you have already purchased more traditional gifts in past years, like wallets, cologne and ties, consider mixing it up this year with these options below. These are great choices are unique, suit a variety of budgets and are easily tailored to your Dad’s interests.
1. An annual membership. Sign Dad up for an annual museum membership or membership to an organization he enjoys. These annual memberships often include extra bonuses such as free gifts, monthly newsletters, invitations to events and free tickets for friends and family. This is a gift he can certainly enjoy all year long.
2. Subscription to a magazine/newspaper or a monthly club. Ideas for monthly clubs include Harry and David’s fruit of the month club, Zingerman’s Bacon Club, and several companies offer a Beer of the month club. Choose one based on your father’s likes and interests. Also you can consider signing Dad up for a subscription to his favorite magazine or newspaper. Often you can find deals allowing you to purchase two or three years of a magazine for the price of one.
3. Tickets to sports event or concert. For the dad who enjoys attending concerts, sports or the theater, tickets to his favorite event/performance would make a great gift. Perhaps include a t-shirt of his favorite band or sports team along with the tickets
4. Themed gift baskets. Create a gift basket for Dad based on his interests and favorite hobbies. For example, the dad who likes to barbecue would enjoy a basket with grilling tools, bottles of barbecue sauce, jars of various spices and rubs, and new oven mitts. If your father is a golfer, perhaps include a day pass to a local golf course, new tees, golf balls, and golfing gloves in his gift basket.
5. Gift card/money. Although this can be viewed as somewhat impersonal, this option allows Dad to purchase exactly what he wants. They are also perfect for dads who live long distances away from their children, as they can easily be mailed along with a card.
6. When in doubt, ask him! Perhaps the most obvious and easiest solution, this option ensures you get Dad exactly what he wants. Keep this idea in mind for other holidays and birthdays.