Don’t give Dad that tie this year. I know that year after year we are determined to find a better gift than the years before, but time and life gets the best of us and Dad ends up with a boring tie or another wallet. Let’s be spectacular this year with these unique Father’s Day gifts and ideas:
Chances are that Dad has a favorite team, sport, or player. Remembering which sports drive him crazy and cause him to yell at the TV is the only step to finding the right unique Father’s Day gift geared toward his sports mania!
- Paraphernalia such as jerseys, shirts, shoes, and jackets displaying his favorite teams and players are always a hit with dad. Places like NFL Shop and MLB Shop allow you to personalize jerseys for Dad with his favorite team logos. With that personalized jersey, he will feel like he is a part of the team!
- Sporting event tickets not only allow Dad a pass to not be home, but he is able to cheer for his favorite team at a game to remember. Use Stubhub.com or Ticketmaster to make the quest easier.
Quick Vacation Packages
This doesn’t have to be a “see you in a week” trip. We need Dad around, so a weekend or overnight trip to his favorite places won’t put that much of a dent in taking out the trash and lawn work that needs to be done.
- Focusing on Dad’s hobbies and interests, we can plan a weekend trip to the nearest beach or mountain. More specific places such as the Pro Football Hall of Fame or Rock & Roll Hall of Fame will be perfect gifts for Father’s Day.
- If Dad doesn’t like to stray far from home, he can have his own unique “daycation” close by home by booking him a spa date at Massage Envy and haircut at Sport Clips to get him relaxed and groomed. If he is up to it, maybe you can convince him to get a mani-pedi as well. I am sure he needs it!
More Unique Gift Items
- For dads that like to run or maybe bike to work, the Nike Cheyenne Vapor running pack for iPads and other devices would be a great gift idea. Some reviewers even recommend it for everyday stylish wear to carry things to and from the office.
- We all know how much Dad likes to take pictures, so why not surprise him with the Samsung Galaxy Wi-Fi Camera. Now he can tag you in those special family moments on your Facebook page before you can even check your notifications!
This Father’s Day, focus on getting Dad a personal and unique gift to make his friends jealous. Remember, we are aiming for spectacular this year and next year you can go back to buying ties and watches!