Coconut oil has been a major source of nutrition in traditional cultures for thousands of years. Coconut oil is a saturated fat. Saturated fat is an essential nutrient that is needed for the body for proper function. Though coconut oil has the highest amount of saturated fats (92%), most of those are made of meduim-chain fatty acids (MCFAs).
MCFAs are metabolized differently than the bad saturated fats, which are called, long-chain fatty acids (LCFAs), found in most vegetable oils. MCFAs do not raise cholesterol levels and have shown to help protect against heart disease.
Did you know that you can use coconut oil for other things as well? You can! Not only does coconut help for your health, you can use it for other daily tasks tool
Twenty-seven Benefits To Using Coconut In Your Daily Life:
- Take a spoonful for when you need an energy boost.
- Use it as a scrub: 1 cup sugar 1/4 cup virgin coconut oil, 1/4 cup jojoba oil, 1/4 cup raw honey, 10 drops of vanilla. Mix all ingredients together and store in container.
- Use as a conditioner for your hair: 2 tbsp.coconut oil, 2 tbsp. raw honey, 1 large egg yolk . Warm oil over low heat until it melts. Remove from heat and add honey. Add in the coconut oil and honey mixture to egg yolk. Whisk until thoroughly combined. Add to entire hair and leave on for a couple of hours , then wash out.
- Use it for oil pulling.
- Add a spoonful to your dog or cat’s food for their health.
- Use instead of vegetable oil for cooking.
- Use as a lip moisturizer.
- Use a tiny dab on your underarms for a natural deodorant: 1/3 cup coconut oil (solid state), 1/4 cup baking soda (aluminum-free), 1/4 cup arrowroot powder. Mix together and store in air tight container.
- Use coconut oil as a shaving cream.
- Add to your bath as a moisturizing soak.
- Use as a makeup remover.
- Use it to help sooth rashes or skin irritations.
- Use it to treat fungal or yeast infections.
- Take a spoonful with your vitamins to help improve absorption.
- Take up to 5 spoonfuls per day to help with thyroid function.
- Use around your eyes to help prevent wrinkles.
- Use as the base for a natural lotion.
- Use on your baby’s diaper rash or cradle cap.
- Use to help reduce visibility of stretch marks or to prevent stretch marks.
- Eat a spoonful to improve digestion.
- Helps heal hemorrhoids.
- Take to help reduce migraines.
- Use it with as a vapor rub.
- Mixed with other oils, it makes a great insect repellent.
- Use as a leather moisturizer.
- Use instead of WD-40.
- Use as a natural sunscreen.
Cure Tooth Decay
Coconut Research Center