1. Neil Patrick Harris aka Barney Stinson: Best known as the womanizer in the CBS series ‘How I met your mother’, Neil Patrick Harris is a famous American Producer, Director and Actor. Ever since he began his career as a child actor, Harris has been considered an outstanding performer. His famous roles include the title role in ‘Doogie Howser, M.D’, ‘Harold & Kumar series’ and ‘the Smurfs’. He was also featured in Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in 2010. For all the excited gays out there, the sad part is that Harris is engaged to his fiancé David Burtka since 2004!
2. Ricky Martin: He became a Latin pop sensation in the late 1990s with his ‘The cup of life’ performance at the Grammy Awards. His fan following rose further with his worldwide chart buster hit ‘Livin’ la Vida Loca’. It turned out to be one of the best selling single tracks of all times! His fan following never deteriorated even after he openly declared his homosexuality. With 6 Grammy and 8 world music awards, he is a hot property to catch!
3. George Michael: You can still find a number of people who swear by the ‘Careless whisper’. One of the best selling pop artists on the planet, George Michael’s style of music has millions of takers. His illustrious career has been studded with awards and recognition. Never far from a controversy, Michael revealed his sexuality for the first time to his friends when he was 19. Although he began his career in 1982, he still has a huge fan following, be it the ladies or the gay fraternity.
4. Domencio Dolce & Stefano Gabbana: With their Italian luxury fashion house’s turnover reaching $1 Billion, Dolce & Gabbana are two of the most admired and followed gays in the world. Right from the women’s collection to the male perfume, D&G has ruled the world of fashion for a couple of decades now. The famed designers have also designed the playing costume for the AC Milan club. The two first met each other in 1980 in Milan. News of their separation broke out in the year 2005. They are still working together for their fashion house.
5. Giorgio Armani: Next on the list of rich and famous gays is one of the world’s most renowned designers, Giorgio Armani. With a net worth close to $ 10 billion, the ace designer is known worldwide for his line of menswear. Although he has never come out with it in the public, it is widely known that the designer was in a relationship with Sergio Galeotti, the co-founder of Armani brand.
6. Freddie Mercury: The lead vocalist of the rock band Queen and one of the greatest entertainers in the Rock music’s history, Freddie Mercury is another famous gay celebrity who had everyone going gaga over him. A member of a number of halls of fame, Mercury was known to drive the audience off their feet during his performances. He never came out on records to express his opinion about his sexuality, but most commentators of his time believe that he was involved in a number of same sex relationships.
7. Sir Elton John: One of the best selling music artists in the world, Sir Elton John is an extremely well known English song writer, pianist and composer. His single track ‘Candle in the Wind 1997’ is till date the best selling single of all time. A winner of 6 Grammy awards, he is an inductee of a number of Halls of Fame. He received knighthood from Queen Elizabeth in the year 1998. After a number of failed relationships with different women, he came out in the open in 1988 and declared himself as a ‘gay’. He still continues to be the flag bearer of the same sex marriages all around the world.
8. Lance Bass: The bass singer for the pop band N Sync, Lance Bass has also acted in a number of drama series’. The news of him being gay was the cover story of ‘People’ magazine. His band had a highly successful debut that saw his win a number of fans. He also took part in one of the seasons of Dancing with the Stars where he finished third. The star entertainer is also a well known gay rights activist and spreads the cause of same sex marriages.
9. David Burtka: The well known American actor and chef David Burtka is in a same sex relationship with Neil Patrick Harris. The good looking star has been a part of a number of projects including the musical ‘The Opposite of Sex’ and ‘The West Wing’. He has 2 children with surrogate mother. He also played a minor role in ‘A very Harold & Kumar 3D Christmas’.
10. Sean Hayes: The known American actor and comedian came into the limelight with the sitcom ‘Will & Grace’. The Emmy award winner is one of the most loved television comedians in the US and has a huge fan following. He hosted the Tony Awards in the year 2010. Though in the beginning, he was always reluctant to comment on this sexual orientation; later on he came out in the open and accepted that he is a gay.
While these were 10 of the most desirable gay men in the world, there are a number of others who missed the cut by a small margin. Some of them are the famous British Actors Alan Cumming and Rupert Everett; American actor Chris Colfer best known for his role in the TV series Glee; Tom Ford of the Gucci fame and the famous US singer songwriter Adam Lambert.
Lastly, apologies to the all heartbroken ladies who didn’t know this beforehand!