Borderlands 2 has six playable characters each with unique skills and play styles. These different skills often lead to different choices of optimal weapons and even different ways of playing the game. While one character may be a complete berzerker, another may focus almost entirely on slow methodical play. Each game play experience is different and you will want to choose a character carefully to best enjoy your experience. The following are the top five reasons to play as Zero the Assassin in Borderlands 2.
5. You Like Haikus – All of the characters in Borderlands 2 speak during the game, but Zero has a very unique style. He speaks almost entirely in haiku. If you have a fondness for the poetic style, it is actually rather pleasant to be listening to haikus while engaged in a fierce combat. It takes a rather particular disposition for this to be a reason to play this character, but a select few will find this to be a wonderful experience.
4. Multiplayer – All of the characters can be played in multiplayer, but only a select few truly shine in it more than they would in single player. Zero is one of those rare examples. He has a number of skills that are only effective when an enemy character is facing away from him or otherwise distracted. His action skill allows him to do this in single player occasionally, but in multiplayer, these skills are a lot more effective. If you intend to play primarily multiplayer, this should be one of your top choices of characters.
3. Critical Hits – Every character in Borderlands 2 can deal a critical hit, but no character deals even half as much critical hit damage as Zero. If you choose the right skills, you can easily kill almost any enemy in the game other than a boss with a critical hit. If you are really in the mood, you can return to lower level bosses and even kill them with a critical hit. It is unreasonably fun to watch massive damage numbers that seem like they belong in a Disgaea game rather than this one. If you enjoy big numbers, this really should be your character of choice.
2. Head Shot! – Any character can pick up a sniper rifle. But only one character in the game has an entire skill tree devoted to that weapon. The appropriately named Sniping skill tree makes you the undisputed master of the sniper rifle. If you enjoy playing a sniper in Team Fortress 2 or camping in Call of Duty, Zero is the character that fits your play style.
1. Stealth Kill – Zero the Assassin truly lives up to his title. If you want, you can pretty much play Borderlands 2 like you would play Assassin’s Creed. Using your action skill, you can go invisible, sneak up behind someone, and kill them with a single attack. No other character in the game can deliver similarly powerful single attacks. You will have to be careful and sneaky to avoid being seen by other enemies, but that is the entire goal of playing a stealth game. It isn’t even vaguely the normal way most people play this game, but if you want to play it as a stealth game, this character will let you.