While working in the telecoms industry, I participated in the launch and sales of iPhone models from the iPhone 3G up to the iPhone 5s/5c. I often got to use them days before they were launched. To this end, I was in constant contact with all forms of iPhone accessories, and I spent numerous hours recommending them to consumers, based on their individual needs and style.
Here is a top five pick of newer accessories, spanning different aspects of the need spectrum.
1. Otterbox Preserver Series for iPhone 5S: The most basic need of an expensive device is a good protective case. One which affords you the occasional drop, not only on a hard surface, but in a liquid. This case won a “Best of CES 2014 award.” With this, your phone will survive liquid depths of up to 6.6 ft. for 30 minutes, and drops on hard surfaces from 6.6 ft. to the ground. All in a compact build.
2. BoxWave Keyboard Buddy iPhone 5s case: For over six years, I endured watching customers fumble with their new touch keyboard, and take ten minutes to type in their email password (no joke). During this learning curve, a great accessory to have is this back-lit keyboard case. It pairs up to the iPhone via bluetooth, and has a 2 week battery life on one charge. With a full QWERTY keyboard, you can take your time to master the touchscreen, while getting stuff done too. It is incredibly slim, and responsive.
3. MOGA ACE POWER iOS 7 Game Controller: For the gamers, there are lots of cool games for iOS 7, which feel weird with an all touch control. This controller allows you play games with a traditional controller, which your phone seats in. It is compatible with the iPhone 5/5s/5c and ipod 5th generation. The form factor and ease of use makes it more desirable than the few other available alternatives.
4. Sony Portable Dock with Lightning Connector: It is one thing to have cool songs on your iPhone, It is another to properly jam to them. One recent setback of portable audio docks/speakers was Apple’s introduction of the lightning connector. However, this speaker dock is directly compatible with the iPhone 5/5s/5c without an adapter, and has rich output suitable for an average sized room.
5. Mophie Juice Pack Air for iPhone 5/5s: Battery life is one of the biggest concerns of phone users. This case offers a built-in 1700mAh battery which can extend your battery life by 100%, with a flick of a switch. In addition, it offers the standard protection of a case. Of numerous customers I set up with this item, the feedback was overwhelmingly positive.
DISCLAIMER: I have no affiliation with any mentioned brand.
“Otterbox Preserver” – Otterbox
“MOGA ace power controller” – Apple
“Boxwave Keyboard Buddy” -Boxwave
“Sony Portable dock” – Sony
“Juice Pack Air” – Mophie