Every hero has different strengths and weaknesses in the Facebook game Marvel: Avengers Alliance. One of the main qualities that players commonly look for in a hero is the ability to deal single target damage. Sometimes heroes will be able to deal high damage from the start of the battle and sometimes heroes will need to build up a little first. The best high damage attacks can take out bosses in a single hit. The following are the top five best single target damage heroes in Marvel: Avengers Alliance.
5. World War Hulk – Hulk can easily deal one-shot damage with his Hulk Smash power, especially if he scores a critical hit. But you can only deal that massive damage after getting enough stacks of Hulk Up and preferably some stacks of War Frenzy as well. If the enemies aren’t helping you by occasionally attacking Hulk, you can only get Hulk Up stacks and you won’t max out until the third round. But once you do max out, you can se Hulk Smash at full power every round.
4. Thor – Thor doesn’t deal quite as much damage as Hulk, but he can deal his massive single target attack one round earlier. If you have the right augmented ISO or alternate costume, it is even possible to use a fully empowered Hammer Throw on the first round of combat. Since part of this combo involves granting strengthened to your entire team, Thor even keeps part of this extra damage for later rounds, though Hammer Throw won’t be ready to deal maximum damage again for a few rounds. The speed with which you can build up this attack is what makes it so valuable.
3. Hercules – Depending on equipped empowered ISOs and augmented ISOs, it is possible for Hercules to be ready to deliver a massive attack on the second round of a battle. The damage from this attack is comparable to World War Hulk when fully powered with Hulk Up and War Frenzy stacks. In order to be fully ready, you need Hercules to have all of the strengthened, agile, fortified, and slowed buffs. Because his high damage is purely dependent on those buffs, it is possible for him to perform his maxed out attack on his first turn, if paired with a hero like Heimdall. It is also important to note that Hercules can keep this going indefinitely once he is set up, as long as he never loses any of those buffs and you can use either a ranged or melee attack, if one is optimal against a particular enemy.
2. Juggernaut – Assuming you attack with Sunday Punch during the first round of battle, you can use I’m the Juggernaut on the second round for massive damage, especially if you use Surge of Cyttorak as a quick action just before attacking. The damage puts even Hercules to shame, because it is always a critical hit and it is catastrophic. It takes two rounds to recover and Surge of Cyttorak won’t be available again for three rounds, so this combo, while dealing almost unparalleled damage, is almost impossible to repeat in a battle.
1. Havok – Havok is essentially the blaster version of Juggernaut. He sets himself up on the first round of battle and then unleashes a devastating single target attack on the second round of battle with Plasma Wave. Plasma Wave has Paragon Exploiter, which is remarkably easy to take advantage of since Plasma Spheres applies Pressure Points to all enemies. Additionally, it deals extra damage for each stack of Cosmic Energy that Havok has. He will have five stacks because you will use Channel Energy as a quick action on the second round to get five stacks and to get a guaranteed critical hit with the next attack you make with him. This means Plasma Wave deals increased damage and automatically scores a critical hit. The various sources of bonus damage stack to cause this damage to be even higher than I’m the Juggernaut. The one downside of this attack is that Havok is stunned for a round after using it, but after hitting with this monster attack, that rarely matters.