Heroic battles in Marvel: Avengers Alliance are very different from standard threats or boss battles. First, your agent is never a part of these battles. Additionally, you always use the same heroes and always face the same enemies. Furthermore, many of these battles have altered mechanics that require a specific strategy. Finally, these battles offer roulettes for winning that can give both command points and specific Empowered ISOs. The battles range in difficulty from almost trivially easy to nearly impossible. The easiest battles are the ones you want to fight repeatedly, while the harder battles are usually ones you want to avoid at all costs. Taking into account the energy required to reach them, the possible rewards, the usefulness of the heroes involved, and the difficulty of the battles, the following are the top five best heroic battles in Marvel: Avengers Alliance.
5. Daredevil vs. Bullseye – There is little to dislike about this battle. It only requires 30 points of energy to complete, the battle is remarkably easy to win, and the Typhlotic E-ISO is rather useful. You will almost always want to equip it on Daredevil, and since Daredevil has multiple costumes, you may even want to acquire multiple copies for each of his costumes. The one major drawback of this heroic battle is the fact that Daredevil is a second tier hero, at best. He simply doesn’t have much of a place in the game, outside of some very specific boss battles.
4. Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch vs. Sentinels – If it weren’t for the fact that this battle is always quite difficult, this would easily be the best heroic battle in the game. It only requires 20 points of energy to complete this battle and both ISO drops are remarkable for their respective hero. Furthermore, Quicksilver is a top tier PvP hero and Scarlet Witch is a top tier PvE hero and a high end second tier PvP hero. There are a lot of good reasons to farm this battle, and since both heroes have alternate costumes, you won’t be upset if you get multiples of the same ISO.
3. Fandral, Hogun, and Volstagg vs. Loki – The biggest drawback of this heroic battle is that it takes a lot of energy to complete and the battles to get there are always set at the level of your agent. But, that is almost entirely made up for by the fact that this battle is just a lot of fun. The Warriors Three are frightfully effective as a team and this battle just highlights how much of a shame it is that you can’t fight with all three at a time normally. You can pull off more impressive combos in this heroic battle than in any other heroic battle in the game. Additionally, while Volstagg’s E-ISO is a little bit disappointing, the other two are amazing and make Hogun and Fandral into clear top tier heroes.
2. Gambit and Rogue vs. Sentinels – This is yet another battle that requires very little energy to complete and is usually quite easy. Because the Sentinels randomly change classes, sometimes this is actually a rather difficult battle, but most of the time it is a walk in the park, easier and shorter than any of the previous battles, except possibly the Daredevil battle. But any difficulty this battle has disappears as you increase in level, and since it is the first heroic battle in the game, it will always be the lowest level battle. Both ISOs are moderately good, even if neither is amazing, assuming you actually use any of these heroes regularly.
1. Hercules vs. Thor – This heroic battle is the perfect combination of high reward for low cost and even lower risk. It only takes 30 points of energy to complete and the battle is so easy that a level 1 Hercules can win it. Furthermore, the E-ISO reward is absolutely amazing for Hercules and Hercules, while not one of the best heroes in the game, is a high end second tier hero in PvP and a low end top tier hero in PvE. You should complete this battle as often as necessary until you win the Smiting Empowered ISO.