Every hero has different strengths and weaknesses in the Facebook game Marvel: Avengers Alliance. The ability to counterattack is a modestly common ability in Marvel: Avengers Alliance. Infiltrators automatically do it against tacticians, but many other heroes can counterattack as well. The best heroes with counterattacks have the fewest limitations on when those counterattacks activate. The following are the top five best counterattack heroes in Marvel: Avengers Alliance.
5. Wolverine – Wolverine can potentially counter any attack directed at him, but his chance of countering increases as he his health decreases. This means he won’t be countering a lot unless he is getting pounded on. One very big advantage about Wolverine’s counterattack is that he uses his Berserker Frenzy power when countering this way, which means he deals extra damage against the enemy per stack of bleeding it has. This makes his counterattacks particularly good when on a bleeding team.
4. Deadpool – Deadpool only counter attacks if he has the Come At Me Bob special ability from the Savory Empowered ISO. When he has this ability, he can potentially counter any attack directed at him, but his chance decreases as his health decreases. Additionally, the Savory ISO also causes Sharp Pointy Things, the attack he counters with, to apply two stacks of bleeding. This is even better than Wolverine because the counterattack can speed up the pace at which he gains his special buffs and the bleeding stacks add up quickly. Try pairing this hero with Wolverine and you have a ridiculous combination of counterattacks, bleeding, bodyguarding, and regeneration.
3. Wasp – Wasp doesn’t only have the ability to counter attacks against her, but also attacks directed at her allies. Any time an enemy with an opportunity debuff attacks, she has a chance to counter. This counterattack exploits opportunity, which means it automatically deals more damage. This may seem like a hard counter to activate, but Wasp can put off-balance and staggered on all enemies as a stealthy action every round. Also, since she is an infiltrator, she can potentially gain combat reflexes and counterattack twice when she is attacked. Her damage is low in general, but she is otherwise an excellent counterattack hero.
2. Horseman of Famine (Infiltrator Power) – The Horseman of Famine alternate costume for Rogue makes her a counterattacking juggernaut. For the first three rounds or until she uses Absorb Power on an enemy with a different class, she counters all attacks directed at her. Additionally, whenever she is attacked she has a chance to counter with Absorb Power as well. The damage from both of these attacks is sky high. The only real flaw here is that she loses half her counterattack potential when the duration of her infiltrator power runs out or when she uses Absorb Power on any enemy that isn’t an infiltrator.
1. Grey Suit Black Widow (Tactician) – This Black Widow variant is unique because she counters all attacks against her, regardless of type as long as she is active. Her counterattack power, Martial Arts Combo, doesn’t deal particularly high damage, but between Revenge Tactics, Widowmaker, and combo setup, she can potentially deal much more damage in return than she receives. She even surpasses Horseman of Famine because she can’t lose her counterattack power from anything other than the off-balance status effect.