Every hero has different strengths and weaknesses in the Facebook game Marvel: Avengers Alliance. A common trait among heroes is the ability to apply the bleeding status effect. This status effect is not particularly effective on its own, but when combined with rampage and hemorrhaging attack, it can be one of the fastest ways to deal damage in Marvel: Avengers Alliance. When building a team based on bleeding damage, you will want to use the most effective heroes. The following are the top five best bleeding heroes in Marvel: Avengers Alliance.
5. Fandral – While he is rarely used for the purpose of applying bleeding to enemies, he does it quite effectively. Flynning Circus hits all enemies, applies three stacks of bleeding, and is stealthy. This is an excellent way to apply maximum bleeding stacks to an entire enemy team. Additionally, he applies the tenderized status effect, which while not directly useful for bleeding, synergizes well since all bleeding heroes have slashing attacks. If you use him on a bleeding team, he is best paired with Horseman of War who can apply ravaged to all enemies.
4. Elektra – The biggest advantage of using Elektra as a bleeding hero is that she applies internal bleeding rather than normal bleeding. This effect can’t be removed or prevented, except by character special abilities like Healing Factor or Interlocking Stones. Additionally, every single one of her attacks applies internal bleeding and depending on the attack she uses, she can also apply ravaged, hemorrhaging attack, or flanked. The last one doesn’t directly increase bleeding but allows a follow up attack to apply bleeding for any hero that has a basic attack that applies bleeding. In the case of Elektra, this is particularly effective because her basic attack is the one with hemorrhaging attack. She is particularly effective when paired with either Sabretooth or Ares.
3. Sabretooth – Only two of Sabretooth’s attacks apply bleeding, but he takes advantage of the status effect better than any other character in the game. Each time he attacks a bleeding enemy, he gains stacks of blood rage, which increase the damage he deals and gives him stamina regeneration. On a bleeding team, with Berserker giving him occasional extra attacks, Sabretooth regularly max out his blood rage stacks and never run out of stamina. He is best teamed with allies an ally like Elektra who only has single target attacks, in order to take advantage of extra attacks from Berserker.
2. Horseman of War (X-23) – This alternate outfit for X-23 is nearly perfect for any bleeding team. The basic attack applies bleeding and ravaged, and alternatively applies shred to enemies immune to bleeding. Blades of Rage attacks all enemies, also applying bleeding and ravaged, and additionally activating hemorrhaging attack. Finally, Made for Walking is a massive single target attack that deals increased damage against enemies that have bleeding stacks. She particularly teams well with Fandral because he can put bleeding on all enemies and then she can follow up with Blades of Rage to apply ravaged and then activate all stacks of bleeding with hemorrhaging attack.
1. Ares – You just about can’t get better than Ares on a bleeding team. He only has one attack that actually applies bleeding, but it is his basic attack, which also applies ravaged and tenderized. More importantly, his War Never Changes special ability causes team members to randomly join in on single target attacks and counterattack. This greatly increases the speed which bleeding is applied to enemies and is particularly useful when teamed with Elektra whose basic attack applies internal bleeding and has hemorrhaging attack. Finally, Ares has the Modern War attack which hits all enemies and has hemorrhaging attack. Additionally, it applies despair, which negates the ability of Healing Factor to remove bleeding. A bleeding team with Ares is just as effective against Wolverine, X-23, Deadpool, and Sabretooth as it is against heroes without Healing Factor.