In today’s high-tech world, a flurry of activities can be more efficiently obtained and organized for more pleasant journeys. Flights can be booked, transportation lined up, hotel rooms reserved, entertainment arranged, distances calculated, and important reports filed all from a handy-dandy mobile device. You can even host a conference on your iPhone while you are en route to attend important appointments.
If you’re thinking, “Wow! I could really use something like that to make my travel experience less stressful,” then you will appreciate the following applications that can be readily used on your mobile phone or pad to improve travel planning quality and efficiency.
- Hipmunk: The Hipmunk app is one of the favorites among frequent business travelers. Its ability to search and sort flight and hotel availabilities by service class or past queries is unprecedented. Airline options, flight durations, and prices are all displayed. Hipmunk users really like the ‘Agony’ shortcut option that provides an instant calculation on stops, duration, and prices for the trip. The hotel search feature allows for specific neighborhood locations, as well as provides nearby restaurants, clubs, shopping areas, and more, where business meetings or entertainment venues can be booked.
- UberConference: Being a complete conference calling app, UberConference provides group audio/web calling services from mobiles/tablets/laptops. It acts like a personal conference room where you can do presentation, conduct meetings with your professional network and clients in one go. With the features like PIN free calling, call recording, earmuff, mute, file share etc UberConference is a must have application for a regular traveler. You can also send invitation and remainder for the meeting to your contacts via social media platform by using this application.
- Traxo: Traxo is your personal digital travel wallet that works on iPhones and iPads. Although it takes a while to complete membership data input for all your most frequented and favorite airlines, travel destinations, and hotels, once the information has been added, your complete itinerary is displayed when you enter an action. The app even records and organizes your frequent flier miles and alerts you prior to their expiration date.
- Flight Track Pro: This has been a preferred app by frequent flight travelers for over five years. The reason for its popularity is that this free app provides a variety of helpful features, including flight statuses in real time, gate delay and change updates, and zoom-able flight route maps that cover some 4,000 airports around the world. A pro version costs $10, works on both iPhone and Android, and allows you to monitor airport terminal maps, track various flights, and view weather radar reports.
- Mynd Calendar: This free iPhone app is like having a secretary in your pocket. Features include connections to your address book as well as Evernote and LinkedIn so you have access to information on the people you are scheduled to meet. The app is also linked to traffic data in real-time, calculates the time it will take you to arrive at the meeting location, and sounds an alarm as to when to get going. If you happen to be running a bit late, simply press the ‘Late’ button and all affected persons receive texts letting them know your situation. A premium version of the Mynd Calendar also allows you to track driving miles for tax and report purposes, records meeting times, and displays personal schedules.
- Best Parking: One of the most annoying parts of driving trips, besides traffic, is finding an inexpensive and convenient place to park. With the constant increase in traffic, it can be a nightmare trying to locate a decent parking place before it’s time to make that important business meeting or presentation. Best Parking is an app designed for use in the United States which points you to the best parking spots that are the cheapest and most convenient to your destination. The bonus of this app is that if the tip doesn’t pan out, you will be sent a $5 gift card to Starbucks from the company.
- Taxi Magic: Many travelers prefer taking taxis over renting vehicles. If this is your preference then you will want to check out the free Taxi Magic app which eliminates waiting in long taxi lines at the airport and other locations in 60 cities across the U.S. You can either book ahead so your taxi will be waiting when you arrive, or you can book a cab on the spot and have it arrive in less than 10 minutes. You can track your cab on the onscreen map and even pay with the app using Concur software which, when doing so, you receive an e-receipt while the expense is added automatically to your programmed report.
As you can see, there are many more options for business travelers than to simply host a conference on your iPhone. Utilizing one or more of these popular travel applications will have you zipping to and from engagements like a seasoned pro.