For the love of all Asian foods, these restaurants take the ribbon on excellence. Try for yourself and see what you think.
- Frank Fats– 806 L St Sacramento, CA 95814 (916) 442-7092-Open Daily- 11:00am – 10:00pm-I cannot say enough good about Franks. The food is simply Delicious. My husband and I started our meal with the Combination Platter Appetizer followed by Peking Duck and Kung Pao Triple Crown. The selections were so tasty and large that we shared with each other for the best of both worlds. Built in 1939, Franks is one of the oldest establishments in Sacramento. I would vote it the best Asian restaurant in all of Sacramento. The atmosphere is as wonderful as the service. I would highly recommend this restaurant to any local or visitor.
- Pearl House– 6053 Greenback Ln Citrus Heights, CA 95621(916) 726-4900-Open Daily from 11:00am – 9:00pm, they offer the consistency and quality that we all seek to find in Chinese food. If you are a fan of soup, be sure to check out the Hot and Sour soup. Follow your soup up with an order of General Tao Chicken for a succulent choice of meals. Dining here should be a sin.
- Hong Kong House– 8887 Folsom Blvd Sacramento, CA 95826- (916) 361-3388 Open Daily from 10:30am – 9:00pm, they offer massive portions at reasonable prices. The menu is extensive, so be prepared to spend a few minutes checking it all out. The waitresses are very knowledgeable and will take the time to answer any of your questions. Best deal is the combination plates for $8.50. They are simply worth every penny.
- Temple Garden– is located at 5701 Broadway Ste A. in Sacramento, CA 95817-Call (916) 739-1039 for delivery. They are open daily from 11:00am – 9:00pm. They offer a great prices and a menu to please even the pickiest eater. Their expansive menu includes everything from family meals to vegetarian dishes. Be prepared and be hungry, the portions are extremely large. On a recent visit, a two person meal easily fed four of us. The egg drop soup is amazing and a must try.
- Good Friends– 2600 Gateway Oaks Dr. Suite #200, Sacramento, CA 95833 (916) 568-5100 – Open Monday through Saturday from 11:00am – 9:00pm. They are located in a strip mall at the center of town. They serve Chinese, Japanese as well as Sushi. There is something for everyone here. If you are a chicken lover then you should really give the Pineapple Chicken or the Cashew Chicken a try. They are amazing. The food and service is great and reasonably priced. Take a spin by to try a little of everything some night, you will walk about satisfied.
These choices are nothing short of a miracle in both quality and quantity. Try one each night of the week for the best comparison. Let me know what you think.