Lipstick is one of those beauty essentials that I personally love. There is something so fascinating to me about a product that delivers both color and moisture at the same time. Recently, I’ve been finding myself trying a new lipstick every week and in my quest, I have discovered quite a few that I love and quite a few, well not so much. So, what are the best lipsticks of 2014?
14. NARS Semi-Matte Lipstick. When it comes to lipstick, I like mine to not only possess a full-coverage finish and pay-off, but I like my lipstick to be long-lasting too. I also love products that keep my lips hydrated throughout the day. Available at NARS for $26, if this isn’t in your beauty bag today, it needs to be right now.
13. Gorgeous Cosmetics Lipstick. What do you get when have a highly pigmented formula that is so fine in texture, it produces instantaneous moisture, and lasts for hours? This is what you get. Don’t go chasing glamour because this lipstick has it already. You can find this bad boy at Gorgeous Cosmetics for $25.
12. Lancome ‘L’Absolu’ Rouge Lipstick. There is nothing more amazing than a lip product that works to moisturize and hydrate your lips, as it delivers an amazing color pay-off that is long-lasting. Available at Lancome for $30, this lipstick will not flake, fade, or feather.
11. Yves Saint Laurent ‘Rouge Volupte’ Shine Lipstick. The packaging was what initally attracted me to this product, however; it was the long-lasting, hydrating yet saturating formula that really lured me in. You can find this fabulous addition to Yves Saint Laurent at YSL for $35. What more can I say? This lipstick is fantastic.
10. Red Apple Lipstick. Not only is this lipstick long-lasting, it’s color building and produces one of the finest color pay-offs yet. Available for $23.50, you will never find a gluten-free formula as pigmented and hydrating as this one. This is definitely one of the best lipsticks I have tried this year.
9. Givenchy ‘Le Rouge Intense Color’ Sensuously Matte Lipstick. The delivery of intense color is one thing, but the semi-matte finish is another. Plus, it is comfortable to wear and really gives you all of the great benefits that every woman wants in a lipstick. You can find this amazing addition to Givenchy Beauty at your nearest retailer or Sephora for $36.
8. Chantecaille ‘Lip Chic’ Lip Color. Not only does this lipstick combine the essence of high shine and the plumping effects of a gloss, it gives you the rich coverage of a lipstick. As a result, it smooths and firms your lips. You can purchase ths little gem at Chantecaille for $35.
7. AERIN Beauty ‘Rose Balm’ Lipstick. What happens when you create an amazing balm texture, add medium coverage followed by a shine finish? This happens. Available at AERIN for $30, this lipstick gives you all of the great benefits you need plus protects your lipsticks too.
6. Dolce & Gabbana Beauty Monica Voluptuous Lipstick. Inspired by the designer’s muse, the beautiful Monica Bellucci, this lipstick gives you intense color and wearable texture. Available at D&G or nearest D&G Beauty retailer for $34, this highly pigmented lip color is gives you the richest, buildable color that is as luminous as the women who wear it.
5. Bobbi Brown Creamy Lip Color. Choosing a lipstick should never be as time consuming as solving the Hodge Conjecture equation, which is why it is easy to say that this is one of the best lipsticks of 2014. Available at Bobbi Brown for $25, this fantastic formula glides on smooth, lasts all day long, and leaves your lips hydrated.
4. MAC Lipstick. Available at MAC Cosmetics for $16, this fabulous addition to MAC gives you the color and texture you need to get through the day. No top lipstick list is complete if this lipstick is not on it. What more is there to say? It’s one of the best there is.
3. theBalm ‘Girls’ Lipstick. When it comes to this beauty essential, I love this one because it creates a color and formula so magical, that you will become obsessed with it. I know that I am. You can grab this little gem at theBalm for $17.
2. Chanel ‘Intense Long-Wear’ Lip Colour. I don’t know about you, but I love lipstick to be concentrated in a sense where it produces an excellent color pay-off. Available at Chanel for $35, this lipstick gives you the hautest, most pigmented, long-wearing color while dressing your lips with hydration and everlasting coverage.
1. Too Faced ‘Melted’ Lipstick. What happens when you get the power of a lip stain, the color of a lipstick, and the shine of a gloss? This happens. As the best lipstick of the year, you can purchase this amazing addition to Too Faced Cosmetics for $21.