Let’s face it, technology sure does make our lives easier. Whether it’s cell phones, tablets or laptop computers, many of us feel like we’d be lost without them. But every now and then, the tech world comes up with some ideas that are just plain ridiculous. Or at least, highly unnecessary.
10. The Sleeper’s Bluetooth Headphones: You love your cell phone or iPod so much that you literally can’t put it down, even when you sleep. But the problem is, those bulky ear buds always get in the way! Enter the Sleeper’s Bluetooth Headphones from Hammacher Schlemmer. You can fall asleep and still be connected to the world. Sad, but true.
9. Radio-Toaster Combo: Yes, for that moment when you desperately want to listen to the radio while your toast is cooking. Or you want to listen to your toast while the radio is cooking?
8. The Remote Wrangler: Always losing those darned TV remotes? Why not use this device to strap those high tech remotes to your head? You can even stick your phone up there, too. Yes, really.
7. Sensor UFO Heli: Okay, so maybe this sensor activated mini helicopter is cool, but what do you do with it? Really, what is it for?
6. The Mus2: Just in case you wanted a mouse that looks just like the arrow cursor on your screen…but why would you?
5. The TV Hat: A word of warning here–this hat is actually billed as a great way to watch adult movies. The TV Hat magnifies iPhone viewing in a private, really weird way. Just don’t plan on being inconspicuous or anything.
4. USB Humping Dog: Do I really need to say anything about this? A USB with a pretend humping dog attached– maybe it will make you the talk of the office! At least, they’ll sure be whispering about you.
3. iCarta Toilet Paper Dispensing Dock: Now you really can have it all! Listen to your iPhone or iPod safely while sitting on the toilet. No more worries about your phone falling in the bowl! The iCarta dock keeps it safe while you pee.
2. MP3 Massager: Get a mini massage from the same device that’s playing your music. Well, I guess that’s not all bad.
1. Power Nap Head Pillow: So maybe you could argue that this one isn’t a tech product, but since it’s designed for modern convenience, I thought it should be included. If you ever need to nap on the go, just stick your head inside of this thing and nap away. You’ll get plenty of rest and you’ll scare the bejesus out of everyone around you.
Related articles by Deborah Zelasny:
Best Tech Gadgets for Travelers
Video Game Accessories and Beyond