Every once in a while, women need a chance to hang out with their best friends to let loose and have a good time. Ladies’ nights can happen any time during the year, but there’s nothing like the summer for cocktails, girl-talk, and partying! Every ladies’ night summer party requires an upbeat playlist to sing, dance, cry, laugh, and drink to. There are plenty of songs about the hottest season of the year, but these are the top 10 songs for ladies’ night summer parties!
1. “California Gurls” by Katy Perry – A song with lyrics like, “Daisy Dukes, bikinis on top,” automatically makes any all-girls road trip playlist. Add a fast rhythm and rapper, Snoop Dogg, and it’s a surefire winner
2. “Summer Girls” by LFO – The late 1990s music scene was saturated with boy bands, but LFO was the only one that came out with a single specifically about girls in the summer. The lyrics are notoriously dubbed as ridiculous, but this catchy tune is just plain awesome for a ladies’ night summer party sing-along.
3. “Summer Nights” by John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John – How many ladies out there have wished they were the character Sandy Olsson in the movie, “Grease,” dreaming of her summer with Danny Zuko? This is the quintessential song about the two sides of a teenage love story. Boys will be boys, while girls daydream about romance.
4. ”Cruel Summer” by Bananarama – The wistful lyrics and angst of this 1980s song are perfect for ladies’ night summer parties to help girlfirends get over summer break-ups.
5. “Summer Girl” by Leighton Meester – Country music has some great songs about summer. Jimmy Buffett’s entire music catalog is pretty much capitalizes on this single season, but not all of them fit in the ladies’ night summer party category. “Summer Girl” by actress Leighton Meester is upbeat, fun, and cute, making it perfect for ladies’ night summer parties!
6. “Summertime Girls” by Y&T – Even hard rockers have a place in a ladies’ night summer parties playlist. Y&T’s 1984 “Summertime Girls” is a fast-paced ode to all women during the summer.
7. “Vacation” by The Go-Go’s – Young girls in the early 1980s connected with the all-girl band The Go-Go’s, and this hit single has become a staple in playlists of women since 1982.
8. “Escapade” by Janet Jackson – This is the perfect song for getting away from the humdrum of life and partying with friends. Janet Jackson reminds listeners, “Come on baby let’s get away. Let’s save your troubles for another day.” This song is a must-have for ladies’ night summer parties!
9. “Summerboy” by Lady Gaga – Not released as a single, “Summerboy” was featured on Lady Gaga’s first studio album, but just it is just as catchy as “Just Dance” and “Poker Face.” Ladies, get ready to crank up the volume and dance to this one.
10. “We Like to Party” by Venga Boys – It’s considered to be one of the cheesiest summer party songs by many, but it’s also a guilty pleasure. This fun-loving tune just screams, “Ladies’ night summer party!” For a more recent Venga Boys song, try their 2013 rendition of “Hot Hot Hot” (famously performed by Arrow in 1983).