If you’re a mom of picky eaters, you know how hard it is to get kids to eat their veggies. Well, if you’ve got a juice machine (or sometimes just a really good blender) at home, you don’t have to try so hard anymore – simply get them to drink them instead. How? Below I’ve listed three of my favorite recipes that are super kid-friendly, and here are some great ways to get them to drink them:
- Dress it up by putting it in a special glass and making it their special juice glass.
- Add a fruit to give it a little zing or sweet taste to make it anti-yucky to the little ones.
- Give it a silly name, or let your kids give it a silly name.
- Call it a smoothie for the teens and tweens to make it sound more appealing.
- Let them help make it – kids will enjoy the hands on experience and will be more likely to drink their own concoctions.
- Tell them what the ingredients are good for, for example how the spinach will help them be stronger and helps their eyes to see better.
Kids’ Veggie Special by juicemaster.com
This recipe is sure to be loved for it’s nice blend of sweet fruit juices and nutritional veggie juices.
- 1 small beetroot
- 2 apples – Golden Delicious or similar
- 1/4 small pineapple
- 1 stick celery
- 1 small handful spinach
- 1 inch slice cucumber
Juice each ingredient with a juice machine, and pour over ice and serve.
Green-Monster Smoothie by rebootwithjoe.com
This frothy smoothie – juice is sure to be a kid pleaser and is super simple to make, no juicer required.
- 1 pear
- 1 kiwi
- 1/2 avocado
- Handful of baby spinach
Add ingredients to a blender and blend. Serve cold.
Godzilla by raw-foods-diet-center.com
The name alone will help kids get excited about this nutritionally rich juice.
- 1 Peeled Lime
- 3 Oranges
- 1 Handful of Blueberries
- 1/2 Cucumber
- 4 Carrots
- 1 Beet
- 1 Celery Stalk
- 1 Handful of Spinach
Juice each ingredient with a juice machine, and pour over ice to serve.