A Look at reasons why hair thins out:
Children and Teens: https://www.webmd.com https://www.livingstrong.com
In children 26 months or older it is usually a medical problem and can be treated.
- · Tinea capitis: this is commonly called ringworm of the scalp. A microscopic exam will confirm the diagnosis. Tinea capitis or ringworm is very contagious and the child should not share anything that comes in contact with the head; hats, pillow, hair clips, or brushes.
- · Teenagers: there are a couple of reasons for thinning hair in your teenager.
- Medication is the cause most of the time for thinning hair.
- Another condition that may cause thinning is hormones. These causes could be thyroid disease, diabetes, lupus, and polycystic ovarian syndrome.
- Hair care can be a cause of thinning hair in teenage girls. For example; using a lot of hair products on the hair such as hair dye, perms, products that straighten or make it curly and over use of a curling iron or “flat” irons that dry out the hair.
- A more long lasting condition is called traction alopecia. It is where the hair is constantly pulled tight against the head; for example, pulled back and very tight braiding as is done in cornrows. This causes a lot of tension on the scalp. This can damage the hair follicles causing the hair to fall out.
Hair thinning in women and men: https://www.livingstrong.com
Hair thinning in women can be for the same reasons as in teenage girls;
- · Over dying
- · Braiding the hair too tightly
- · Over blow drying, or use of curling iron
- · Medication
Hair thinning in men is usually cause by dihydrotesterone. This is an androgen that is produced in male hormone testosterone and the hair root in 95 percent of men get what is known as “pattern” baldness. Another cause is an “autoimmune” disease called alopecia areata and is a result of an overactive immune system that attacks its own cells.
There are a number of ways to treat thinning hair. There is Rogaine for both men and women that seem to produce good results. More importantly try not to damage the hair in the first place. Once the roots of the hair are damaged it is very hard to get it to grow back. There are some more natural ways to help the hair grow back and one of them is green tea extract. Green Tea extract is very high in vitamin E. This Vitamin is our growing vitamin it helps to grow skin, nails and hair. If you treat your hair well it will keep growing for years to come.