Many fans of “The Walking Dead ” fantasize of making an appearance on the show as one of the legions of walkers (or zombies as they’re traditionally known). Behind-the-scenes videos have even given us a peek at just what goes into creating that perfect undead look and performance before the cameras start rolling. The thing I’m anxiously awaiting is the appearance of an undead celebrity. If this plague has widespread reach, as the show implies, it’s only natural to assume that a few of Hollywood’s finest (or worst) would be among the afflicted, after all! Have you ever stopped to wonder who would make the perfect walker cameo appearance? I suppose I have too much time on my hands, because I’ve gone one step further and compiled my own wish list of the top five celebrities I’d love to see re-animated in “The Walking Dead”.
William Shatner I’ll admit, this one wasn’t entirely my idea. I came across a slew of Twitter threads that were making the rounds after someone else planted the seed. Boy, did it grow! Captain Kirk himself acknowledged the windfall request on Twitter. He didn’t say he would be up for it, but he also didn’t say no.
- My vision of his cameo: Naturally, he’d have to be wearing the fabled red shirt. Bonus points if he roams amidst a group of Trekkies in Vulcan ears.
Tommy’s brain may not pack the punch to satisfy the average “walker”, but I’d bet he could easily pull off the sluggish, slumpy zombie gait. I’m sure there’s a “just say no” P.S.A. somewhere in there, and that always pleases the critics. Too bad the walkers don’t talk. It would be a laugh riot to zombify the “Dave’s not here” skit.
- My vision of his cameo: There are plenty of open fields in the area of Georgia where “The Walking Dead” is filmed. What if Tommy had been there checking on a crop? See where I’m going with this? Tommy of the, er… corn?
Gene manages to show up just about everywhere anyway, so why not in the middle of the zombie apocalypse? Frankly, I’d just like the pleasure of seeing a zombie Gene taken down by someone like young Carl Grimes.
- My vision of his cameo: Do I even have to say it? Of course, he’d be in full costume as his Kiss personality, “the Demon”. This time, the blood he’d be spitting would be real. I can just envision the promo for that one!
Miley Cyrus and/or Justin Bieber
My motives for this suggestion are purely comedic. You can also add any Kardashian for the same effect. The show might lose a few horrified and appalled viewers, but they’d likely be in an age bracket that shouldn’t be viewing anyway. Trust me, it would satisfy the masses.
- My vision of their cameos: Michonne needs new “pets”, doesn’t she? I call that ongoing gratification.
She already plays the role flawlessly on a daily basis, so isn’t it merely a technicality at this point to formalize it? She’d probably arrive on set with very little touch-up needed from the costuming department – bonus!
- My vision of her cameo: Two words – meat dress.