St. Patrick’s Day is just about here. Having fun is almost a guarantee, but there is always a slight catch; what will you wear? A truly great costume is hard to find, which is why making your own can be just as entertaining. Have some fun using your imagination as I run down the top five hottest St. Patty’s Day costumes for 2014.
Never Fear, the Leprechaun is Here
5. Never settle for being just a Leprechaun when you can be a Beer Garden Beauty! This costume showcases no ordinary barista, instead it presents a luscious woman of ample proportions ready to enjoy St. Patty’s Day festivities. Unleash your inner bartender and turn those ordinary clothes into luxurious green colors.
4. Face it, there are hundreds of assortments of Leprechaun costumes and with good reason. Few images are more associated with St. Patty’s Day 2014 than the infamous creature at the end of the proverbial rainbow. And yet, throughout the decades, revelers return to the costume of all costumes, the Leprechaun outfit. Regardless of the triteness of a leprechaun costume, partygoers will know beyond a shadow of a doubt that you have come to party. How much luckier can you get than that?
Sexy Irish Costumes for Women
3. Women’s sexy Irish costumes typically include low cut blouses with green skirts, pants, or stockings. Green high heels are a must with this delicious outfit. A green clover-leaf tiara makes a nice accompaniment as well. Alternatively, a Shamrock necklace and black boots never disappointed anyone. Perhaps the sexiest variation on this costume is the green bow-tie with the low cut top, a lustrous black belt covering a white or black skirt, green-themed leggings and ravishing boots. There are any number of variations to this tried and true costume for women.
I have also seen gorgeous costumes that include emerald sparkling heels and green wigs. For ladies lacking a suitable purse, try a shillelagh for decoration or for flirtation! The best choice depends on your complexion and intentions for this, St. Patrick’s Day 2014.
Men’s St. Patty’s Day Costumes
2. Men’s costumes are in general a little more tricky to assemble. Going with the kilted look is always a safe play, hairy legs notwithstanding. A great number of people like to add on a traditional face mask to complete this outfit. It is perhaps the most simple costume on the market and one that is cost effective as well.
Abraham Lincoln Leprechaun?
1. There is a tie for first place between Abraham Lincoln leprechaun and the green princess with a pot of gold costumes. In all serious, if we can be as honest as Abe it is really no contest, but that is of course because women may have an edge in the fashion department. The Abe Lincoln leprechaun features a full beard, a vest, a verdant top hat, and of course tall white socks connected with those fashionable short green pants. The green princess need only accessorize to glamorize in all the right places. Green mascara and eye shadow will help to cement the legacy of this fantasy costume.
However you may choose to costume this St. Patrick’s Day 2014, make sure to dress to impress and may you be lucky in love and fashion.