I love potatoes and potatoes love my belly and my hips. They love me so much they like to stick around. I knew there had to be a tasty alternative to my two favorite side dishes. I looked around and found some recipes. Then I added my personal twists to make them my own. Do enjoy!
These make a yummy alternative to mashed potatoes. They are easy to make and quite healthy for you. I add cheese, but you can omit if you wish. You could also add bacon flakes, green pepper bits, or even pearl onions.
- Boil a head of medium cauliflower for about 15 minutes (this makes about a cup and a half)
- Cut the stems and tips of the cauliflower
- Mash the cauliflower and add a half a cup of milk, one teaspoon of fresh garlic, ¼ cup of grated parmesan cheese, and two tablespoons of butter
- Combine until you have your desired consistency, I like a few lumps
- Dive in because they are delicious
This is my new all time favorite side vegetable. They are absolutely delicious. Before I made these, I was not even sure what a turnip looked like. The flavor is much better than French fried potatoes.
- Preheat a skillet (I use a cast iron)
- Add three tablespoons of coconut or olive oil
- While that is preheating, slice two turnip heads
- Fry until nice and brown
- I sprinkle them with garlic salt
If you are tired of the same old side items, or simply want to offer a healthier choice, try one of these two scrumptious vegetables.