Its summer vacation time and can you control your kids’ demands for outings, picnic trips or vacation spots? It’s time for family vacation! Kids have capacity to exert themselves with strenuous activity throughout the day. Parents have to take special care while going out with kids in summer.
1. Take energy drink powders like Glucose, etc. so that you can mix them in water and immediately give to kids when they feel tired or are about to faint. Summers dehydrate bodies without any warning.
2. Whether you are traveling by car, bus, train or flight, keep adequate amount of drinking water and snacks with you. Kids never know when they feel hungry or thirsty. Just when you run out of the last water bottle, how do you feel if your son starts crying for water? Even if they don’t ask, feed them every 2 hours.
3. Make sure the baby seats, child seats and booster seats are intact. Let them sleep most of the time or keep them busy with toys, games and coloring books when you are on travel.
4. Avoid travels in direct sun. Choose evenings or mornings for sight-seeing. Bribe kids with good food and not junk food. Take apples, bananas, cookies, bread instead of potato chips.
5. Never leave children alone at ticket counters, parks, cinema halls, gaming zones, airports, museums, swimming pools, gyms, beaches, zoos, etc. Keep your ID card with contact details in your child’s pocket or bag so that others can assist better.
6. Be ready for surprises. Your kids might call off a vacation without any notice. Plan for short tips like a weekend up to one week.
7. Don’t overload baggage. Pack light so that you can move easily and run behind kids. What about the shopping that you do in vacations! Keep some space.
8. Set expectations. Tell your kids the journey time and the route – bus, cruise, road etc. you are taking. That keeps them relaxed instead of crying over long journeys.
9. Give time to play. Let your kids have fun. Don’t rush at every spot leaving your kids tired and restless. If you have pet, let them all play together.
10. Build memories for your kids. You also need some. Take snaps. Make notes and comments about each place and your family events.
Make your kids happy and keep yourself sane!