With summer approaching faster than a rocket ship, you might be planning for that much needed getaway vacation. But with the fun and freedom of summer, comes the burning heat. So it’s important to protect yourself and stay safe, while also having fun!
- Sunscreen: Probably one of the most important things to make sure you have with you during the summer, water being the second. There are many sunscreens to choose from and it might make it a little difficult as to which one you should go with. The best one to go with is SPF 15, if you plan on being in the water or just the beach, you might want to go with a sunscreen that is waterproof. Because whether or not you will actually be in the water, you can sweat. And sometimes the sweat can wash away the product faster than it probably should.
- Shades: Along with sunscreen, it’s important you also bring shade. Hats, sunglasses, and or an umbrella. Not only will this help you stay hydrated, but it’ll also keep the burning rays of the sun off your skin. Unless you are planning on tanning, then a simple hat and sunglasses will do best.
- Peek hours: If you can, try and avoid going out when the sun is the hottest(around 11am-4pm). And if you do go out when it’s the hottest, make sure you have plenty of water and an ice cooler. Nobody likes warm and or hot water.
- Foods: Try and stay away from fried foods, as to this can be harsh on your stomach. Try and go for fruits or something light. Make sure to carry snacks with you so that way, you can snack throughout the day and keep your strength. Being in the sun can drain you of energy and make you tired.
- Comfortable shoes: If you are planning on walking long distances or planning a getaway to the beach, make sure to bring comfortable shoes you can rely on. As cute as those wedges may look, they aren’t best if you plan on walking to many places. And if you must wear those adorable shoes that make your poor feet ache, pack a second pair of comfy shoes! And along with the shoes, you should always wear comfortable clothing. Preferably something light colored and loose fitting.
Summer is a time to let loose and have fun. But in the midst of having fun, you should always remember to protect yourself against the harmful rays of the sun. But this shouldn’t stop you from going out and enjoying life! As far as children goes, the same above applies to them, too. Now what are you waiting for? Go and enjoy summer~