This is my recipe for spicy macaroni and cheese. This is not a recipe my nieces and nephews like but all the adults love it. At family get togethers we always make plain macaroni and cheese for the kids because they can be picking on what they eat. All the adults would end up eating it to and complaining about it. So my mom and I came up with an adult version of it and now we make both at our get togethers. This recipe is spicy so if you do not like anything spicy I would advise not trying this recipe then. I hope your family will enjoy as well. This recipe will make 4 servings. Happy Eating!
- 3/4 cups of pasta (any shape you prefer)
- 2 tablespoons of butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- 1 1/2 cups of milk
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of hot sauce
- 1/2 cup of shredded pepper jack cheese
- 3/4 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons of bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons of bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoons of chili powder
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray baking dish with a non stick cooking spray.
- Boil water and cook your pasta to your preference, drain and set a side.
- Over medium heat, combine 1 tablespoon of butter, flour, milk, salt, pepper and hot sauce.
- Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and stir in pepper jack cheese, cheddar cheese, and parmesan cheese until smooth.
- Stir in pasta and pour into your prepared baking dish.
- Melt your last tablespoon of butter and mix with bread crumbs and chili powder.
- Sprinkle over your macaroni and cheese that’s already in your prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 25 minutes in your preheat oven.
- Cool for 5 minutes before serving.