The spice in your life might heat up as you get older but dietary needs may become bland. These delicately seasoned baked apples are a cure to any end of meal dessert blahs. The ingredients work well with low-fat, diabetic, low-calorie and some gluten-free diets. There is no need to worry if your cooking skills leave something to be desired. This recipe is so easy it is almost fail proof.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
Utensils: Bowl, nonstick or greased baking sheet, oven, teaspoon, mixing spoon, measuring spoons.
Ingredients: 2 large apples, any firm varieties like Granny Smith or Macintosh work well
½ cup oatmeal
¼ cup raisins
¼ cup Splenda brown sugar
¼ cup low fat margarine
1 teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon ginger
White chocolate chips
1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2) Wash apples, core out seeds with teaspoon and place on baking sheet.
3) Mix brown sugar and margarine together until creamy.
4) Add cinnamon, ginger, raisins and oatmeal and mix well.
5) Pack mixture firmly into cored out apples.
6) Bake at 375 degrees F for 35-45 minutes.
7) The apple is done baking when it is no longer firm when pierced with a toothpick.
8) Remove apples and place on desert plates.
9) Dot with chocolate chips which will melt for an elegant appearance.
Impress your special someone with your extraordinary culinary skills!
Microwave Baked Apple
If you don’t have an oven or no time to bake, there’s no need to worry. Follow the same recipe only replace the baking sheet with a microwave safe baking dish. Microwave on high for 10 minutes and you have an easy and elegant baked apple.