1 4lb lamb roast
4 oz olive oil
1 large lemon
1 head of garlic chopped
2 tbsp oregano
2 tbsp rosemary
2 tbsp salt
Ground pepper to taste
1) Pour the olive oil into a small bowl.
2) Juice the lemon. Try to get as much juice out of the lemon as possible.
3) Add all of the other ingredients (except for the lamb).
4) Stir the mixture thoroughly until the lemon and olive oil have mixed together.
5) Place the lamb on a large flat baking pan.
6) Stab holes all over the lamb.
7) Pour the mixture over the lamb.
8) Using your hands, rube the mixture over the entire surface of the lamb. Make sure to get the mixture into the holes.
9) Place the lamb in a large resealable plastic bag.
10) Pour the remaining mixture from the pan into the bag with the lamb.
11) Seal the bag tight and turn it over a few times.
12) Place bag in the refrigerator and marinate for 24 hours, turning it over after 12 hours.
13) After 24 hours, remove lamb from refrigerator and place in the slow cooker. Pour remaining marinade mixture over the lamb.
14) Cook lamb in slow cooker on low for 10 hours.
15) Remove lamb from slow cooker and place on a serving platter. Cut off any netting.
16) Reserve juices from slow cooker and place in a sauce pan. Add 4 oz of red wine and cook on medium heat, stirring frequently, until the mixture has reduced by about 25%. Use as a sauce to pour over the lamb.
17) The lamb should be fork tender and break apart without a knife.