Skype was giving me problems the other night, every time I would try to login it would prompt me with the error:
We can’t open Skype. You are already signed in on this computer. Please sign out and try again.
Then I couldn’t even open Skype after this message, it would disappear, even if I clicked the icon on my desktop nothing happened. I read all the Skype forums about deleting folders and renaming things, this didn’t help me at all. I did finally fix the problem here is what I did, follow these steps:
· Click Start
· Click Control Panel
· Click Programs and Features
· Click Skype
· Click Uninstall
· Click Yes (it should uninstall completely)
· Open an internet browser (I use chrome)
· Type in www.ninite.com
· Check the boy next to Skype in the Messaging column
· Click Get Installer at the bottom of the page
· Run the Ninite Installer.exe
· If prompted for permissions click Run/OK
· Let the installer run (it will download and install the latest version of Skype)
· Once complete click OK/Close
Now you should find the Skype Icon on your desktop or in your programs window, open it and login, this should resolve your issue with the error message saying you are already logged into Skype. This problem was a real pain and none of the folder and file renaming worked for me, so a quick and easy install using Ninite.com was the quickest fix I could think of.
Sometimes a re-install of software is the best fix, it refreshes all of the data and you don’t have to go renaming files and folders that could potentially cause more issues. Using the Ninite.com site will always install the latest version of the software with all the default options, you don’t have to click anything it does it silently in the background while you continue to work. Thankfully now programs like Skype store all your contacts on their end so a re-install doesn’t mean you will lose all of your stuff. Hope this helps you solve your Skype login problem.