Rowland’s Hot Sauce – First of all, let me clarify one thing, Rowland’s Hot Sauce is not a liquid like you might think like Tapatio or Tabasco but it is more like a pico-de-gallo or chopped up chili mixture. You get about a 4 Oz container of what I believe to be chopped up onions, garlic, chilies and I am not sure if there is anything else in the mix but if you like things spicy, you definitely want to ask for a side order of this stuff! I like to spread it around on top of my pizza instead of the red pepper flakes and man, this stuff is so much better and it is fresh!
The Biggest Pizza I Ever Seen – When I order from here, I always go for the largest pizza which is a 20″ X-Large which gives you 16 slices and will run you $26.50 for a Joey’s Special which is the everything or almost everything pizza. I can remember the first time that I ordered this size pizza and opened the door to pay for it from the delivery person, my jaw dropped because I swear, I have never seen a pizza that was as big as this was. Put it this way, you won’t be putting the left overs in the box inside any fridge that you own because I don’t think there is a fridge wide enough to accommodate this box. I always have to put the leftovers in some foil or on paper plates covered in foil in the fridge.
Specialty Pizzas – Here is a list of their specialty pizza, I have tried a few of them but I have yet to try them all. The specialty pizzas are:
- Joey’s Special – includes pepperoni, ham, mushrooms, onions, bell peppers, bacon & sausage
- Hot Wing – I will testify that the one time I ordered this pizza it blew my socks off. My first bite I was bragging how delicious this was and that it was my new favorite but by the time the slice was done I was on fire more than I care for. Don’t get me wrong, if you like spicy, you will LOVE this pizza, it was just to much for this wimpy girl. It includes ranch dressing, crumbled blue cheese, carrots, chicken marinated in hot sauce!
- Italian Stallion – This is made on a thin crust with olive oil, tomatoes, basil, bacon, crumbled blue cheese & garlic.
- The Dish Washer Special (Franco…?) – I am not sure about the name but the pizza includes bacon, pineapple, pepperoni and jalapeno.
- Luciano – Tomatoes, basil, bacon and balsamic vinegar
- BBQ Chicken – chicken with bar-b-que sauce and red onions, this is so simple and so delicious!
- Gabriella’s Special – green peppers, sliced olives, garlic and bacon, it does not get any simpler than that and what an amazing flavor.
- The Veggie – Last but not least if the Veggie which would be the one my son would order and yes, he does like the Rowland’s Hot Sauce on his pizza. This pizza includes mushrooms, green peppers, olives, tomatoes and onions.
Lastly I would like to say that even if you are ordering a pizza, order a side of their bread twists. These little goodies include some of the Rowland’s chili mixture twisted up inside with the cheese and boy are the tasty! I personally like to order ranch on the side unless I have some at home because I love to dip everything in ranch or pour ranch over it!