Looking for an accessory that is both colorful and stylish? You can’t miss with a pashmina scarf but unless you know how to care for one, you may end up with a wrinkled item. Since it’s made from silk and wool, knowing how to hang a pashmina is important. Protect your beautiful wrap and hang a pashmina with love! Simply draping the scarf over a chair won’t work since these wraps can be lengthy and wide. By hanging a pashmina in a closet, you free up needed room.
Accessory Care: Hang a Pashmina
Try this step by step tutorial and hang a pashmina like a pro!
- Lay the wrap on a flat surface, like a bed or floor. Unwind and unfold the scarf and use your hands smooth any wrinkles from the fabric.
- Fold the pashmina length wise, making a one-third fold. Remove any wrinkles you see. Now fold at the right side one-third. Now remove any wrinkles you see.
- Select a wooden hanger and ease the hanger over the folded shawl. You should use a wooden hanger to hang a pashmina because this type of hanger won’t leave grooves or creases.
- Hang a pashmina carefully and smooth any visible wrinkles.
- Ease a dry cleaner bag over the pashmina and zip it up. Toss in a few cedar blocks and then zip up the bag. (The cedar blocks keep pests away.) Place the pashmina on the hanging rack in a place where it won’t get crushed.
Never hang a pashmina if it is wet or soiled. Hanging a wet scarf will leave you with lumps or bumps in the fabric. Hanging a soiled scarf will invite pests.
Read more from Monica Bullock:
Hanging Streamers for a Party
Four Christian Party Theme Ideas
How to Host a Margaritaville Party