With a grown daughter and a toddler who thinks she is grown, we know all too well about partying on a budget. To save money and time, try these quick tips. Party of 10-15 for under a $100.
Fashion Show Princess Hats
Craft Supplies- $15
Tape, Scissors, Colored Pencils, Glue, “jewels”, Bobby Pins, Pink Construction Paper
- With a bit of supervision and assistance, let the party begin by allowing each girl to make her own princess hat. After the girls have colored their hats, fold the construction paper into a cone shape and tape into shape. The girls are now ready to glue on the jewels in an attempt to take home the prize. Allow the hats to dry before pinning each onto their heads for the premier fashion show.
Setting: $15-20 depending on number of pieces needed.
Shop local thrift shops for several tea cups and plates.
- Prepare tea sandwiches such as egg salad, Peanut Butter and Jelly, fluff and many other childhood favorites. Cut prepared sandwiches into triangles by cutting diagonally from each corner. ($5)
- Pizza – Cut in the same pattern as above – any pizza shop will cut into squares for you, then you can cut the rest from there. ($10)
- Prepare their favorite beverage and allow them to use the tea sets to serve themselves in true princess fashion. ($2)
- Anything pink, silver and dangling can shape up and spruce up the party area. Visit a local craft store and purchase 5 paper hanging balls. Put a ball in each corner and use pink and white twisted streamers to join from corner to corner meeting in the middle. Cover middle seam with last paper balls.
- Pink Plates, throw away silverware and your trusty tea sets offer a fitting and finalizing touch.
- Make a tiered cake by using 4 round pans of different sizes. Larger on bottom leading to smallest on top. Coat will frosting that has been slightly warmed and sprinkle with white or silver sugar for a glowing effect. You can purchase throw away cake pans if you don’t already have or know someone who has pans. A cheaper Idea is to make several flavors of cupcakes and fashion then into a pyramid shape. Quick, easy and delightful choices for all.
As you can imagine, the cost can be decreased significantly by purchasing plastic champagne glasses and using pink throw away plates, as well as forgoing the pizza. A party on a budget can be classy, fun and interactive without the need to take out a loan. Little girls love glamour and fashion shows, so make it memorable by offering slight make-up and hair styling before the fashion show. Most parents will allow this if requested beforehand.