Pest Management: pest Control: Topic 3. Termite Control Service
How are Termites Important to our Environment but destroying our homes?
Termites are important to our ecosystem. They consume and recycle dead plants and wood material. However, the wood in our homes is just as delicious as any dead tree. Homeowners are not aware of termites in their homes until they have caused severe damage. Termites reduce floor joists and erode timber. For this reason, homeowners need to hire pest control professionals to control termites on their properties.
Termite Control Service requires different services
1. Initial Termite inspection. Here the client calls the pest control company complaining or suspecting termites in his or her property. The pest control company sends a sales representative who is usually trained in pest control. The sales representative inspects and concludes that there are termites in the client’s property. He then sells the termite job to the client and signs a contract.
2. Termite Inspection for Home Purchase. This termite inspection is the one required by banks before giving out a home loan or mortgage. Banks require homebuyers to hire a termite specialists certified by the State to do termite home inspection.
3. Annual Termite Inspection. All pest management or pest control companies that offer termite control services in United States have “Annual Termite Inspection plans”. Annual termite Inspection is when a termite specialist goes to the client’s home and thoroughly inspects all accessible areas in the client’s property to find evidence or no evidence of termite activity. Areas that a termite specialist inspects include
(1) Outside Foundation of the house
(4) Boiler Room
(6) Laundry Area
(8) Under Sink
(9) Sills in the Basement
The specialist draws a map of the property and indicates areas he or she inspected. He writes recommendation and findings. Termite Specialists when inspecting for termites, they usually look for termite mud tubes, damage on wood (old and new). All termite specialists carry a screw drive, flashlight, a mirror and termite inspection form.
- 4. Termite Coverage Plan. This coverage is a warrant type of plan. The pest control company makes a contract with the client and they agree that the company will monitor and treat in termites are evades the clients home.