A marketing strategy is something any company needs to increase sales and profits. This applies to pest control companies. If you own and run a pest control company, a marketing strategy is important for the success of your company. Pest control companies in United States spend billions of dollars in marketing. There are few cost-effective marketing strategies; I want to explain to help those new to pest control.
How to market and increase pest control sales
- 1) Cost Effective Marking Strategy For Pest Control Business or company
- Marketing simply means getting the name of your company known in the area where you want to sell pest control services. For example, it starts with registering the pest control company with state and getting a business license. This puts your company in the State Business database. Although the state does not advertise your company in papers, it makes it easy for prospective customers to Google your company from state registered business database.
- After registering your pest control business, secure a business address. It does not matter whether your pest control business office is at home or another location. The thing is to get a physical address. This physical address helps customers to actually find or walk in to your business. Also, physical address work as storage areas for pest control chemicals. It is not advisable to store pest control chemicals at home due to reasons like children and pets at home.
- Print business cards for your pest control company. Printing business cards of your pest control business is one of the cheapest advertising strategies. After printing business cards, make it a habit of giving out a business card everywhere you go. This strategy advertises your pest control business.
- Print Flyers for your pest control business. The flyers are usually intended for wide local distribution. To distribute the flyers for your pest control business, walk or drive through your local or areas you intend to provide pest control services and put a flyer in the mailbox or by the door on every home or business. Note: Mailboxes are properties of United States Post Office (USPS). Although USPS does not prosecute people putting flyers in mailboxes, it is better to avoid it and simply stick the flyer by the door.
- Pay commission on every pest control job sold by someone. Pest control companies usually pay 15 percent commission to people who sell the pest control job.
- Organize a local marathon and have you pest control company name on flyers, t-shirts, bottles to mention but a few. This helps people in your community to know the company.
- Create a free Facebook page for your pest control company. The more people like your Facebook page the better. The name gets out and this in turn increases customers. The second option to a free Facebook page is to create a Facebook advertisement for your pest control company.
- Create a free twitter page for your pest control company. When you open a twitter account and post tweets, you gain followers. For a pest control company, the twitter post must focus on services, discounts for seniors, veterans and ongoing promotion for pest control service. The more you tweet, the more followers you gain. The second option to a free twitter page is to create a twitter advertisement for your pest control company.
- 2) Money Marketing Strategy For Pest Control Company The Will Increase Sales.
The strategies below are for companies already established and those companies that have a big budget (money) for advertising.
- Newspaper advertising for pest control services or company. In here, all you need is to contact a newspaper company and buy advertising space in that newspaper. This type of advertising is expensive. It depends on which page of the newspaper you want to advertise your pest control company and how big in terms of page space is the advert.
- Television advertising. Like newspaper, if you want to advertise your pest control company on television, just contact a television station and let them know you want to advertise on their station. It is very expensive to advertise on television. They usually charge per minutes and number of times your advert runs on their station.
- Advertise your pest control company in yellow pages. Yellow page is something of the old but is one effective way of advertising to old folks. Old folks usually look for information from yellow pages.
- Advertise with Google AdSense program. This is a new way of advertising but you need a website.
- Create a website for your pest control company. This makes your pest control business easy to find online. Millions of people use search engines to find information. So having your pest control business online makes it easy for people to find it.
- List you pest control business on Google map. This is the latest way to advertise and increase sales for any business. It works by opening Google maps and putting your pest control business information such as address, telephone on Google map. When people search for businesses in pest control category, yours to pops up hence increasing visibility and sales.