If you are a peanut butter lover like I am, then you need to try my recipe for this pie. It has 3X’s the peanut butter on top of a pie crust. I always invite my niece over to help me make this dessert. After I bake the pie crust and do the mixing, she loves to be the one to add all the toppings to the pizza. This is a great recipe for kids of all ages to help with and they will love it. It looks like a complicated recipe at a glance but it’s a really simple recipe to make. Happy Eating!
- 1 egg with 1 tablespoon of water mixed into it
- 1 tablespoon of water
- 1 pie crust
- 1/3 cup of heavy cream
- 1/4 cup of creamy peanut butter (or chunky peanut butter will also work)
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 1 tablespoon of salted peanuts
- 2 tablespoons of peanut butter chips
- 4 mini peanut butter cups (or two regular sized ones chopped up)
- room temperature butter
- Enough sugar to coat pizza pan
- Using a spoon, cover your pizza pan with plenty of butter and then coat with sugar.
- Place pie crush on top of your pizza pan, cut edges to fit your pan.
- Pierce bottom with fork and brush with egg mixture.(A pastry brush is helpful here but not necessary needed.)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Bake pie crust for 15 – 20 minutes.(or longer if it’s not completely baked)
- Let pie crust cool for a few minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk heavy cream until stiff peaks form.
- Fold in peanut butter and add in honey.(Do not use an electric mixer, it’s to sticky and will be more of a pain than hand mixing it.)
- Spread peanut butter cream on crust. (Spread evenly for happy reviews from people eating it.)
- Sprinkle with peanut butter chips, peanut butter cups and salted peanuts.(And anything else that has a peanut butter or salty taste to it.)
- Serve and enjoy.(This is extra sweet so don’t eat it all at once, unless you want to become sick. Eat with caution is what I always tell people.)