If you love a combination of chocolate and peanut butter, then you will love my recipe for peanut butter & chocolate cake. I prefer to double the glaze portion when I make this recipe for an extra chocolatey taste. Happy eating!
- Non stick cooking spray
- 3/4 cup of shortening
- 3/4 cup of creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup of firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 2 3/4 cups of all p urpose flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup of buttermilk
- 3/4 cup of chocolate syrup
- 1 cup of powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup of chocolate syrup
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Water, as needed
- 3 tablespoons of chopped dry roasted peanuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a bundt pan with non stick cooking spray.
- With an electric mixer on low speed, combine shortening, creamy peanut butter, granulated sugar and firmly packed brown sugar until creamy.
- Add vanilla extract and eggs one at a time.
- In a separate bowl, combine all purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix well.
- Add to peanut butter mixture. Mix well.
- Add buttermilk. Mix well.
- Put 2 cups of batter into a separate bowl.
- Stir in chocolate syrup.
- Pour “plain batter” into prepared pan.
- Pour “chocolate batter” on top of “plain batter”. Do not mix.
- Bake 55 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool completely.
- In a small bowl, combine powered sugar, chocolate syrup and vanilla extract.
- Add a few drops of water at a time until it reaches the desired thickness you want.
- Spoon over top of cake.
- Sprinkle with nuts and enjoy.