What is Osteoporosis? To put it simply it is when your bone tissue deteriorates causing a decrease in bone mass. We can fight against this if we are aware of its cause and what our bodies need.
Here is my top five choices for treating osteoporosis naturally.
Exercise – Here is the scoop on exercise and osteoporosis and it is, at least in my opinion, the first and foremost thing that should be done in the battle against it.
Moving your body weight against gravity when walking, jogging or running initiates the body to make more bone producing cells, which in turn increases bone mass and our bones get stronger. A great example of this is in a swimmer’s arms. They swing their arms against the water or the same in a tennis players arms, the movement against gravity.
Getting Enough Calcium & Magnesium – Here are a few foods that you can consume that will help you get your daily allowance.
- Peanut Butter – There is magnesium in peanut butter and this is a vital component to rebuilding your bones, strengthening and preserving them. If you eat just 2 Tablespoons of peanut butter you will be getting 50 mg of magnesium. If you are anything like me and love your peanut butter you can easily eat 4-6 Tab or more on any given day which would provide you with 100-150 mg of magnesium.
- Almond Milk – In just one cup of this milk you will be getting 45% of your daily calcium needs.
- Hemp Seed – In just 3T of hemp seed you get 50% of your daily requirement of magnesium which as previously mentioned is essential in building strong bones.
- Chia Seeds – These tiny seeds will give you 25% of your daily requirement of calcium in just 1/4 cup
Sometimes the way we need to treat something is by way of omitting things from your diet and your life. Here are a few things that should be avoided in order to promote better bone health which in turn prevents or cures osteoporosis.
- Stop smoking
- Stop drinking
- Cut back on if not eliminating completely caffeine and salt
There are so many things that can be done by way of our diets, what we eat or don’t eat. It is best to get informed on what foods and how much of them you can eat in order to manage this serious condition. If we lose our bones we lose our ability to do so many things and that is no way to live your life. Below is a link to some additional information for you to take a look at in order to get better educated so you are better equipped to keep your bones strong.