I love to make this recipe with my nieces and nephews. This is my Oreo surprise cookie. It’s a cookie with an Oreo cookie inside. I use to make a cookie similar to this with a chocolate kiss inside but my niece had the idea of using another cookie so that we will have a cookie inside of a cookie. It was such a cute idea. When I make this recipe I will sometimes melt chocolate and drizzle it on top, but it’s not necessary. I hope you can have fun making this recipe with your family like we do. Happy eating!
- 2 sticks of butter
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 1 cup of white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 1/2 cups of flour
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 12 ounces of chocolate chips
- 1 bag of Oreo Cookies (or any brand of a sandwich cookie)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray cookie sheet with non stick cooking spray and set aside for later use.
- With an electric mixer on low speed, beat 2 sticks of butter, 1 cup of brown sugar and 1 cup of white sugar and beat for 3 minutes.
- Beat in both eggs adding them in one at a time. Make sure to mix well for 1 minutes before adding the next egg.
- Slowly mix in 3 1/2 cups of flour by adding it in 1/2 cup at a time.
- Once flour is completely mixed in, add 1 teaspoon of salt, 1 teaspoon of baking soda and 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract. Beat for 1 minute.
- Stir in by hand the your 12 ounces of chocolate chips and distribute evenly.
- Take 1 Oreo cookie and place enough cookie dough on top and on the bottom to completely cover the Oreo cookie. Spread the cookie dough all around the Oreo cookie until you can no longer see it.
- Place wrapped Oreo cookies onto your already prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until slightly firm.
- Let cool and enjoy.
If you would like too, make come chocolate chips in your microwave at 30 second intervals (so you make sure you don’t burn the chocolate) and drizzle on top of your cookies. Just make sure you let the chocolate set for a few minutes before eating them.