Am I Obama Cared for or Obama Scared for my life? …. Is the question millions of Americans are asking themselves as they begin their journey into the ACA medical coverage system.Some say Obama care will be the ruin of this country along with the collapse of the middle class and call it the ” New American Casting System “. While others say it is the first step to making our country great again with all men being equal and able to choose their coverage that is best for them. The removal of the pre-existing conditions clause which previously had excluded many Americans from even getting health care never mind receiving affordable health care has sent a trove of un-insured ,under insured and unhealthy citizens to the Health Care Exchanges for coverage.
10 harsh realities of Obamacare…
1) The ever expanding poverty levels are at an all time high, this affects everyone.The number of enrollees for Medicare has grown by the millions all Americans will help pay for their coverages.
2) Millions of Americans will get absolutely free or at least some kind subsidized medical coverage because of their low ,no income or immigration status.
3) Americans that are above those poverty levels will pay more and receive no subsidy or free care of any kind on their medical coverage; but they will receive much much better health care and treatments.
4) Premiums have gone up markedly and country wide to adjust for the rapid influx of unhealthy and / or impoverished new enrollees.
5) Young people will pay more for their premiums while older Americans get a reduced rate premium.
6) Deductibles of the Bronze and Silver level Plans can be huge and for a wide range of people completely unreachable without major help from(family,friends and supplemental insurances.)
7) You can now be denied (yes, quite legally)access to Specialists(Orthopedic Surgeons,Sleep Specialists etc.Those physicians who would normally diagnose you and set up specialized treatments or surgery including specialized testing and scans) and Non-life saving surgeries and treatments without the deductible being met.No Deductible No Service.The level of your coverage will determine what treatments , medications and life saving medical techniques you are offered.There are signs posted already in many Doctors offices that say No Co-pay No Deductible No Service across the country.
Examples: Same man and health problems; different Obama Care Metal Plans, very different treatment.
A)Gold Plan senior 75 year old male has chest pain is brought to the hospital it is determined that a heart attack has happened and a stint is in order. He can afford the Gold Plan deductible of $1400. They admit him to be monitored over-night and readied for surgery. He has surgery the next day.He stays in the hospital for the insurance allotted amount of time.He is released with instruction,medication and follow ups with a Heart Specialist(Cardiologist) to track his progress.(Quick and thorough treatment received)
B)Bronze Plan senior 75 year old male has chest pain is brought to the hospital.The ER doctors stabilize him tell him he MAY have had a heart attack, but they won’t know for sure till some tests are done he is then told he needs to see a specialist for that.He is given aspirin and told to take it if he has chest pains again and the phone number of the Heart Specialist (Cardiologist) and told to call for an appointment the next day.
Scenario 1.When he calls for the appointment the next day they ask him what Plan he has and does he have the $4,000 deductible for his Bronze Plan.If he does not he is referred back to his primary physician who will prescribe medication for his “heart problem”.He never sees the Cardiologist.He dies 2 months later (Essentially no Deductible, No treatment No Service).
Scenario 2 He does have the deductible of $4,000.The Cardiologist sees him the next day and schedules surgery for the next week.He stays in the hospital for the insurance allotted amount of time.He is released with instruction,medication and Possible follow ups with a Heart Specialist(Cardiologist) to track his progress.(Slow Treatment)
8)March 31 st 2014 is the Deadline Date on which we all as individual US citizens have to comply with the new law of the land “The Affordable Care Act”. If you are not already covered you will face penalties and fines. After March 31 st 2014 a couple of things will happen if you are not covered by then.
A)You will no longer have access to the exchanges until the Open Enrollment Period in October of 2014.
B)April 1 2014 You will have to seek out and pay for a medical plan in the individual market(very costly).
C)April 1 2014 You will not be not be eligible to receive any subsidies what so ever to help with the cost of your premiums whether you qualify for one or not, until open enrollment in October 2014.
D)Fines and Penalties for non-compliance will start to be accessed.(costlier)
9) Supplemental Insurance is now not just a little inexpensive luxury for that extra gap coverage. It is a needed and viable assurance to make sure our deductibles can be met.Many Americans now know if they do not get supplemental insurance they will be unable to meet their deductibles.No Deductible No Service.
10) Many Americans are paying for coverage they will never be able to use.The premiums on these plans are pretty low but kind of affordable.Although, if any real major need for surgery or specialized medical services arises like a needed Heart Surgery,Knee Surgery ,Gallbladder Removal or Rehabilitation services should happen beyond needing antibiotics for simple illnesses the likelihood of that $3,000 to $12,000 Dollar deductible being met is extremely low at best.So many are already going untreated because of the very high deductibles on the Bronze and Silver Plans. Essentially these American families are paying for Medical Coverage that is actually un-accessible to them and is something they can not truly afford.Lets face it if these American families had 3,000-12,000 in the bank they would get better plans for themselves and since they don’t where will that money come from????? Could their child or spouse die or be permanently maimed because of unmet deductibles ? The answer is yes.
The funding of the Obama care Law is and will continue to be hot and touchy subject for most Americans right now.It truly has not been up to us ,the voting public.Our lawmakers, all of them as a whole dropped the ball and subsequently Our Constitution on this one.No matter your Parties alignment Republican,Independent,Democratic or Tea party all, not one sole member of any party did get the opportunity to read the ACA or have the chance to have it explained to them completely before voting on it.The ACA was not even remotely described to American citizens by our lawmakers or media for us to vote on with knowledge .The law was not even explained to our Lawmakers they were told “You have to vote it in to see whats in it.”That bell having been wrung “We The People” in no way were given the opportunity to have an actual vote or true voice on the details of the Obama Care Law.The Law is what we now have to deal with after the fact ;or pay the price. Whether you are against the law or all for it matters not. Most Americans who are now living with it or are about to live through it or maybe do agree that we all should have been more vigilant and demanding in exploring what it was we the people were to get and give in return .Either way the price we are all paying is higher than just the premiums and deductibles and more than the American people can afford.