I’ve been growing out my natural hair for like 6 months now and it’s been a real hassle. My hair was so nappy, short and tangled. Plus my hair was so dull and I hated it. I tried all of this products but they only gave temporary relief until now. One day I went on the L’Oreal Paris website and took their test for hair care. Here’s the link for all of their tests on the L’Oreal Paris website. So I went on and answered the questions and received personalized results according to my hair type. I was told to buy these products:
- Advanced Haircare- Total Repair 5 Restoring Shampoo 12.6 oz for $4.99
- Advanced Haircare- Total Repair 5 Restoring Conditioner 12.6 oz for $4.99
- Advanced Haircare Total Repair 5 Multi-Restorative Dry Oil 3.4 oz for $6.99
- Advanced Haircare- Smooth Intense Polishing Shampoo 12.6 oz for $4.99
- Advanced Haircare- Smooth Intense Polishing Conditioner 12.6 oz for $4.99
I was skeptical of course but after using all of these my hair is easy to comb through, shiny and soft. To achieve this I took these steps:
- I bought Virgin Coconut Oil, which you could buy anywhere like Walmart or Trader Joe’s. What you want to do is put it in warm or hot water so you could get it in liquid form then put it in the palm of your hand, rub it together and put it through your hair. Then get a brush if your hair is beyond nappy or a comb and start brushing or combing your hair until you get all of it through your hair. Then put a plastic cap on your hair if you have one and just let it sit for at least 15 minutes.
- In the shower, get the Advanced Haircare- Total Repair 5 Restoring Shampoo (with the plastic cap off of course) massage it through your hair until it is lathered. Then rinse all of it off.
- Take your Smooth Intense Polishing Shampoo and do the same thing as you did in the second step.
- Take the Total Repair 5 Restoring Conditioner, lather your hair up and keep it on for 1-3 minutes. Then rinse off.
- Take the Smooth Intense Polishing Conditioner and take the same steps of number four.
- Then spray the Total Repair 5 Multi- Restorative Dry Oil all on your wet hair.
- Then use an old T-shirt by putting your head through the hole or a Microfiber Hair Wrap that you could buy from Walmart and wrap it around your hair like a turban.
- Let it dry and then comb through your hair. It should be super soft, shiny, and manageable.
So those are just my tips to make your natural hair just the way you like it. Note: Just because you’re black does not mean you have to use all products geared towards “black” hair and personally my hair feels so much better using “white” hair products. So try it and see how it feels.