It’s fast approaching that time of the year again, and the very fact that you’re here reading this article lets me know that you’re probably smacking your forehead and bemoaning the question, what, oh what, do I get for the Mother who has everything?
This doesn’t have to be a complicated matter. With a little thought, ingenuity, and creativity you’ll be able to find just the perfect gift that will totally dazzle your mom and make you stand out as the best gift giver ever. It’s never too early to start planning, so let’s get started now.
First, let’s do a little market research. Begin by asking yourself these few simple questions:
- What are my Mother’s interests? Her hobbies? Her favorite pastimes?
- What would she like that she wouldn’t necessarily buy for herself? A gym membership? A cooking class? A dance class?
- What types of technology or gadgets does she already have that I can purchase accessories for?
- What type of pampering might she like? A day at the spa? A salon appointment? Manicure? Pedicure? Shopping spree?
- Which would she enjoy better? The gift of time or the gift of things?
- What can I give her that would have great sentimental value? Photos? A family dinner? A handcrafted object?
- Does she like to travel? Would she like a trip or a memento from her favorite destination spot?
- Is there any item that she has been saving or wishing for?
- Is she an avid reader? What gifts would facilitate that?
- Does she have a favorite TV show or movie? What type of theme gift would fall along those lines?
After you’ve asked yourself these questions and have really given her possible wants some deep thought, now is the time to narrow your choices. Choose the one area above that you think she may feel the strongest about, then begin your search. One good idea is to visit Amazon.com and do a search for items that fall into the area of your focus. Keep browsing until something stands out.
After you make your decision remember that presentation is everything. Create a unique way to wrap the gift and/or a special way, time, or place to give her the gift. Buy, or create, a blank card with a lovely image and write your own words to express how much you love and appreciate her.
In the final analysis, you may not be able to afford the most expensive gift (or maybe you can). What counts most is the thought and love that you put behind the sentiment that you’re trying to convey. Make your goal to make your mother feel special and to let her know that you believe that she’s the best mother in the world. After all, doesn’t she deserve that and more for all of the gifts that were born out of her own labor pains, sacrifices, and care?
Good luck on your search! I know that you’re going to find just the right gift to make this a Mother’s Day to remember.