Before you begin selling on eBay, you need to know what sells. It’s obvious that the best, most hard-to-find clothing is what sells. Going out an finding thousand dollar brands is not the option for the average seller. As a seller, there is still much profit to be made with a few easy to find brands that buyers go out of their way to buy on eBay.
1. Motherhood Maternity. I put this at the top of the list because maternity clothing, itself, sells really well. There aren’t many maternity stores or sections at department stores so many people find the online market, the only place to find good deals on maternity gear. Motherhood Maternity is the top choice in maternity clothing. Not only is it a niche brand, it is high quality. Every time I list clothing from this brand it sells.
2. Gap. Most of the time it’s not just the brand name that sells, it’s the style of clothing behind it. The Gap offers particular styles of clothing that are very unique, often using quality fabrics like cotton and linen, in their clothes. They also sell clothes marketed to the hipster style. Most people who are looking for Gap brand clothes are looking for a particular style. So when selling this brand, it’s best to focus on that rather than just selling a t-shirt with the Gap logo on it.
3. Banana Republic. Over the years, I’ve realized that some brands just sell because of the brand. Banana Republic is one of those brands. Banana Republic is a very expensive brand. You can often find clothes on eBay at an over 90% discount. There is also a limited amount of this brand on eBay because the average shopper doesn’t buy it so there isn’t much likelihood of someone reselling.
4. Abercrombie & Fitch. Don’t be confused, there is a large amount of t-shirts with the logo on eBay. This brand has become very popular and has marketed on their name by creating a lot of logo t-shirts. These don’t sell because there’s a surplus. Instead, when selling this expensive brand, focus on the rare types of clothing that attract A&F enthusiasts. Clothing like summer dresses, jeans and formal blouses are what usually gets the bids. Keep in mind that they mainly carry smaller sizes, which does not suit the average buyer.
5. Ralph Lauren. There are brands that appeal to style and their are brands that appeal to gender. Ralph Lauren is one that appeals to gender when it comes to sales. There is a surplus of polo shirts and men’s wear because that’s who the brand initially suited. However, Ralph Lauren became popular with their women’s clothing. On eBay, you will find most sales go to women’s wear of the brand than men’s.