Did you forget about a graduate in your life? Find yourself in a bind for a gift? Here are my top five suggestions for the procrastinator of surprise shoppers at graduation time.
- 1. Gift cards. If you don’t have a long time to prepare this can be a life saver. Grads always need money and gift cards make it more personal because it shows you were thinking about them. Gas cards, Retailer Cards, and even an itunes card show them you want it used for what they want/ need.
- 2. High school Grads can always use accessories for their Dorm room at college. Send them off with something for the room from Ikea or Bed Bath and Beyond.
- 3. Consider computer accessories like an external hard drive, lap desk or cooling pad for their lap top.
- 4. How about a security device for their Computer and or phone.
- 5. If you are really late to the party go with the gift of ‘Presidents’ (Money). Every graduate can use that.
It is not good to be late to the party but it does not have to be a reason to ‘fall short’ when it comes to a gift.
First, gift cards are a good idea because it is money they can spend. It also provides some guidance for the grad as to spending it for specific things. It can help keep them out of trouble.
Remember your first dorm room? It was not home for you until you put your mark on it. If it is the student’s first time on their own it can really help make the transition easier.
Even if they have a computer, there are always things that can make it more effective as a tool and opening up a cooling pad, lap desk or any special accessories can help protect the computer from a premature death.
Security devices for phones and computers helps protect the student from an expensive loss or theft. It also helps with recovery if it is stolen.
Lastly and certainly not least is money. It is great for the graduate because it puts them in a more secure place to handle any unforeseen need. It can also be a kick start to their saving for the future.
Remember, being late to the party does not mean you will fall short.