Is it just me or is the traditional / professional landscape of leadership quite dull? Why do we think that professional means stripped of all passion, creativity, and genius? Maybe it’s time to innovate the landscape of leadership. To unleash the brilliance in people at all levels. To allow genius expression to be the voice of leadership — and innovation to be the nexus point for collective genius creation.
The dictionary definition of leadership is the position or function of a leader, a person who guides / directs / commands a group, organization, or country.
Innovating the landscape of leadership is the art of taking us where we’ve never been before by empowering leaderful contribution for innovative outcomes.
Traditional, hierarchical leadership is so passé now. In its place, we’re seeing emerging leaders who are …
- innovators at the core of everything they do;
- inspiring, visionary, genius even;
- leaderful, generative, and able to respond brilliantly in a connected world;
- real, authentic, and care about people and the planet.
These new leaders love what they do, empowering others to do the same. They create ‘winnovative’ cultures where everyone contributes and thrives, and society and the world win too. They engage their people to participate in the creation of those contributions, knowing that the best solutions don’t come from the brain of one person sitting at the top of the heap, but emerge brilliantly from the genius creation of inspired collectives.
Want to innovate the landscape of leadership today? Here’s how you can play your part in that:
1. BE VISIONARY! Be real, be true, be passionate. Let your voice soar with the excitement of visionary creation.
2. INNOVATE! Think WAY outside the box, so far outside the box that you’re revolutionizing the whole world of leadership and business with your radical, life-altering innovations. Nothing wonderful seems to get created in the space of ordinary!
3. LOVE WHAT YOU DO! And if you can’t love it, then move somewhere that will allow that excitement to rise up in you every day for what you can contribute.
4. BELIEVE IN THE GOODNESS AND GREATNESS OF PEOPLE, even when evidence tells you otherwise. This is not naive — it’s the power of transformation at work in you. What you see in others will show up. What you give energy to increases. To have brilliant, inspired, genius teams working with you, believe in the wonders that each and every one of those people has to bring to your game.
5. AND FINALLY, MAKE YOUR LIFE COUNT FOR SOMETHING. Be a model for how leadership can be now. Don’t waste another second on dull, mundane living. Let your visionary self soar. Let genius enter your game and take you over with the limitless possibilities it holds for you.
Together we can paint an exhilarating landscape of leadership … where every single person on the planet is celebrated as a genius leader / creator. And every business contributes to people, society and the world. Together we can paint a genius new world!