Online registration is required after enrolling in the Toys “R” Us/Babies “R” Us Rewards program. Immediately after enrolling in the rewards program, register your account and begin enjoying the benefits of the program. When your reward coupons in $5 increments are issued, use them before the expiration date shown on the coupon.
The one step most reward customers miss before they can begin enjoying the benefit of the “R” Us Reward program is registering their account. With thousands of stores around the country, Toys “R” Us and Babies “R” Us customers visit these stores regularly making on average thousands of dollars in purchases per household.
Customers enroll in the TRU/BRU rewards program yet most never understand how the program works. Store associates are trained to encourage enrollment in the rewards program, but somewhere in the training process registering is missed.
For the customer to enjoy full benefits, they must be advised to follow through completion of the registration process and how the coupons are issued or the entire process loses it’s value. Many customers calling the 1800 Toys “R” Us line after losing their coupons have lost their coupons for years before realizing they ever earned coupons. Some scanned their cards religiously yet never realized what the scanning processed offered them.
The steps to follow in registering your rewards membership account are as follows:
1. Visit www.toysrus.com or www.babiesrus.com
2. Click on the ‘rewards’ link at the top of the page.
3. When the page opens, scroll down and find the red banner that ask “Did you join ‘Rewards “R” Us in the store?”
4. When you see that banner, click on it. That banner opens the registration page. Complete the information making sure the first five fields match the information you used when enrolling in the program. (If the information does not match…reward membership number, last name, phone number, zip code and email address…system will not allow you to register)
5. When completed, click submit.
6. A ‘Confirmation’ page opens. Review all the information then click submit.
7. If the information entered matches the information on your rewards account, your next message should be a ‘Welcome and your name.’
Customers earned 2 points for every dollar spent or 4 points if they were a TRU/BRU credit card holder. The coupons when issued have a limited lifetime, but with the exception of a few exclusions, they could be used dollar for dollar.
While working for Toys “R” Us and Babies “R” Us, I enjoyed the contact with hundreds of customers on a daily basis. I advised them of the need to register their accounts and then walked them through the registration process.
As with most call centers, there was an “AHT” which prevented agents from taking too much time to assist customers. However, when time allowed, and I found it just something my heart would not allow me to skip, I had to walk the customer through the process and make sure their case was escalated so a Rewards Specialist could review their account to reissue lost/expired coupons.
Guiding TRU/BRU customers was a joy. The satisfaction in knowing I had assisted the customer 100% in getting their account cleared, making sure their problem was resolved or escalated to corporate for a specialist review and walking them through registering their rewards account gave me a satisfaction that was beyond explanation. Assisting the young mother who had no idea what to do when preparing for her first child and listening as she spoke of her new baby or while holding her baby made me feel as if I was there, along with them, enjoying and sharing the experience.