If you are anything like me, I could eat hash browns for breakfast and forgot all the other breakfast foods. So I decided to come up with a recipe with my favorite foods, hash browns and cheese. I will make different combinations of this recipe but this one that I have listed is my favorite. I will sometimes add in some sausage or bacon pieces if I am in the mood for meat and maybe some extra cheeses. I hope you enjoy and feel free to experiment with adding other ingredients too. Happy eating.
- 1 pound of frozen shredded hash browns
- 2 cans of cream of chicken soup
- 1 chopped up white onion
- 1 container (1 pint) of sour cream
- 4 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- 5 cups of crushed up tortilla chips
- 2/3 cup of soft butter
- Spray your baking pan with a non stick cooking spray.
- Place your 1 pound of frozen shredded hash browns into your baking pan and set aside for later use.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine your 2 cans of cream of chicken soup, 1 chopped up white onion, 1 pint of sour cream, 4 cups of shredded cheddar cheese, 1 teaspoon of salt and 1 teaspoon of pepper.
- Mix your ingredients for 2 minutes or until well combined.
- Pour your mixture on top of your hash browns.
- Do not stir.
- In your bowl, combine your 5 cups of crushed up tortilla chips and 2/3 cup of soft butter.
- Mix well until your have a crumby texture and the butter in combined well.
- Sprinkle this topping over your hash browns in your pan.
- Cover your pan and let this sit in your refrigerator overnight. This is when your soup mixture will combine into your hash browns for a cheesy taste. (It’s not completely necessary to let this sit overnight, you can always stir the soup mixture into your hash browns. But you get a richer cheesy taste if you let it sit overnight. Feel free to do whichever way you prefer.)
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until its starts to turn a golden crispy color.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.