Do you have problems with smudges and paper feeding in your Windows 7 print outs? If you do then this guide will show you how to solve them. You have to go to your Maintenance Menu Tab in your Printing Preferences and perform several maintenance functions. These functions include:
- Bottom Plate Cleaning
- Roller Cleaning
8 Steps to Enter the Maintenance Menu Tab
- 1. Left Click the Start button
- 2. Left Click Devices and Printers
- 3. Go to Printers and Faxes
- 4. Go to your default printer, earmarked with a green check mark
- 5. Left Click default to select it
- 6. Right Click on your default printer
- 7. Left Click Printing Preferences
- 8. Left Click on the Maintenance tab
Bottom Plate Cleaning
Some smudges are caused by other causes then clogged nozzles; which are solved by Deep Cleaning. Those other persistent smudges are caused by the bottom plate. This process will help clean stains on the bottom plate and allow you to print again smudge free.
Instructions for Bottom Plate Cleaning
Now, Click Bottom Plate Cleaning. An instruction screen will pop up describing three main steps:
- 1. Remove your paper from the sheet feeder.
- 2. Fold your plain paper in half then unfold it. Now you load the paper into the sheet feeder with the ridge of the crease facing down.
- 3. Click Execute.
During Bottom Plate Cleaning
The paper will now run back and forth in the paper feeder- do not disturb it. Let it perform the entire process which may require a few minutes time.
Sometimes when printing, the feeder will crush and rip up your paper as it comes out. These problems occur when your print roller is not properly cleaned. You will prepare your printer for smoother print outs by using the roller cleaning function.
Instructions for Roller Cleaning
- 1. Remove Paper from the Sheet Feeder
- 2. Click OK to activate Paper Feeder Rollers 30 times (run time 90 seconds)
- 3. Next Load 3 sheets of Plain Paper
After the third step is completed. Your 3 sheets of paper will be ejected; after this Roller Cleaning is complete.
Once you have performed both of the above functions, you will have solved smudges due to dirty bottom plates and poor paper feeding due to the print rollers. Understand that if you still have smudges at this point it may mean that you need to execute Nozzle Checks, and Deep Cleaning.